Topic: Monkeyjam doesn't like my Quickcam

Hi,
So I recently got this Logitech Quick Cam Pro 9000 and successfully installed the driver. Woo hoo, that works. And then I tried using it on Monkeyjam and that doesn't quite work. It just doesn't show up after I select my camera. However, the software works perfectly when I select the webcam built into the laptop.
http://i50.tinypic.com/o2s7r.png

The thing is, I would usually use SAM animation, which I have installed on my other computer. However they changed the demo version. The old demo allowed use as a frame capture program, and the limitations were stuff like adding sound or titles, which I obviously used iMovie for. The new demo restricts the length of the clip to 5 seconds so that software is definitely out. I am kinda angry at myself for not downloading it earlier. But that is why I downloaded Monkeyjam. Is it reccomended I download Helium Frog or Animator DV Simple+? I didn't realize that Monkeyjam lacked Onion Skin until I downloaded it so I am a bit disappointing. Any recommendations/advice?

Much thanks,
topit mini/cat

Re: Monkeyjam doesn't like my Quickcam

I believe you have to close the standard Webcam software and then open up the Capture feature in MonkeyJam. This principle works with any software, like Skype, where you can't have the camera open in both a video call and in the software that comes with the Webcam.

Even though what Chris said will solve your problem, I think you should download Helium Frog anyway.
I've heard people having some problems with doing HD in Monkeyjam.
Also, onionskinning.

(Change the size in the webcam software to Large, which is HD! ALWAYS USE AYCHH DEEEEEEEE!!!)

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Oh, ok. Ew. How do you focus the camera then? I know there are some controls in the software but I didn't see anything to focus with...
Thanks anyways. And I am totally going to download Helium Frog, as soon as their website is back up (There seems to be a problem with it.)

Open the Logitech Webcam Controller and use that to control the camera. mini/wink

Yes, but, I cannot use monkeyjam while the controller is opened... Do I just open it to change the settings then close it once I start filming with Monkeyjam?

I have yet to try this because I've had a bit of homework recently mini/tongue I'm sure I could figure it out from here as soon as I get a chance. Thanks guys! mini/cat

Why not? mini/confused

Try opening MJ, it should automatically open the controller, but if not, open ONLY the controller.
(And not the "Quick capture" menu.) That may be your problem.

Yepyep, yall were right! It totally works now, and there is this thing that popped up that controls the focus! Thanks guys! mini/bigsmile

(posting a picture in case somebody else has the same problem as me. And for some reason the webcam image didn't appear in my screenshot but I guarantee it works mini/bigsmile )
http://i50.tinypic.com/ztyt.png

Turn off that RightLight! You'll get light flicker if you don't!
Also, go into the Advanced settings and make sure everything is set to manual.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Haha, thanks for the save! I hadn't started animating something yet so.. Yeah. I didn't actually know what that was supposed to do.