Topic: Valentine's Day

Directory Link

Valentine's Day

YouTube

Just a fun short I made for Valentine's Day. Enjoy!

PunBB bbcode test
ZymonCone - Valentine's Day - Mission Impossible - Wanted

Make sure to follow me on - YouTube - Twitter

Re: Valentine's Day

Very well done!
The special aspect ratio with your Youtube name in the black bar really helped give off a professional atmosphere.
You have really, really improved in the short time that I've been watching your films. Keep up the good work.
Most of the animation is over by the twenty second mark, but because of the tone set, and the style used, it's not so much a problem as it is a different style of short.

There are hardly any flaws in this, and those few are barely anything more than nitpicks.
At 0:13, the car begins to stop, speeds up briefly, and then stops. It should probably just slow down and stop, but since the motion is still very smooth and well done, it's not a big deal.

There is an obvious break between papers at the 0:15 mark, but again, not a huge problem.
And this is the most nit-picky remark, but I don't care for the smiley face at 0:32. There's nothing wrong with it, I just don't like the sight of such a simple, retro face attached to a more modern and detailed body.

There are a few other silent shorts out there that are a bit more deep and thought-provoking, but it's nice to have one that's more light and fluffy every once in a while.
Nice job.
4/5

I can't really point out anythig that Pritchard hasn't already, but I would like to say that I definitely enjoyed this. Good job! mini/wink

This was really nice! Like Mighty Wanderer, there isn't much I can say about this film that Pritchard didn't cover, except for a few very persnickety things:

The lighting: I know that it was supposed to be set during the dusk/evening, so that's why it was so dark, but it just turned out a tad bit odd-looking. Try having one bright source of light (representing the moon/sun) and a couple other lights that are dimmer or further away from your set than your key light.

The sunset: The sun effect was really, really nice. I loved the different shades of orange and yellow it had. However, the sky was just pitch black. If you ever look at the sky during a sunset, there's still some color left in it even after the sun goes down past the horizon.

Again, these are really nit-picky comments and the things I've mentioned don't detract from the film at all, but I felt that I should give some sort of feedback instead of just saying "Great job!" Even so, you really did a great job on this. I hope to see some more films from you in the future!

Awesome thank you everyone for the great comments! Really means a lot for me and it will help a lot for my future films.
To mouse droid productions: thank you for the comments; the sunset was actually just a flashlight with red tape on it, giving it this really cool affect. Definitely for next time I will light up the sky and maybe figure out in, post production, how to make a more redish sky around the sun. Thank you non the less!
To Pritchard Studios: Thank you for your comments! As for the car scene that is definitely something I will look at. Because I didn't have studs underneath the car I wasn't able to move the car by an accurate amount each time; that is something I will have to look into when working on flat surfaces. Thank you once again for your great comments! P.S. Can't wait for the kick challenge results!

PunBB bbcode test

Epic cinematography much? It was such an eye candy! Thank you, ZymonCone! I wish there were more animations in the second half of the film though.

Larry Simmons: Thank you for your comment! I just thought that stills would better fit the mood but definitively for all my other videos animation is priority. Thanks!

PunBB bbcode test

I liked it!  Great music choice, nice flow and I liked the pacing you took while editing.

I subbed to your channel, curious to see what you come up with next.