Topic: Mower Man - a failed BRAWL entry

Directory Link

Mower Man - a failed BRAWL entry

Youtube

So here it is, my failed BRAWL entry. I know it has many technical errors and the story makes no sense at times,(especially the end), but I got very lazy during the week, resulting in many parts of the film being cut out. (which is why it doesn't make much at the end) So I'll let this be a lesson for next year.

Re: Mower Man - a failed BRAWL entry

Interesting, but it seems like something prevented it form being what it could have been.
If it's already five minutes, how long was the original version? Perhaps that ambition, without the motivation, was a factor in how it turned out.

The supporting voice actors didn't seem to have the best of mics, some of the dialog was off, and the theme seemed stuffed in at the last minute. The pacing/timing also suffered, but enough on the flaws.

You did manage to film five minutes in a week, (More-or-less) giving you more time to develop a longer story.
While it was nice seeing the guy be happy with his life, $15 an hour mowing isn't that good of money. mini/wink

The animation was good, and you did fairly well with hiding the fact that the inside/outside of the houses weren't on the same set. The ending was odd, and didn't really fit with the more serious realistic tone of the rest of the short.

It was decent, and a good learning experience for you.

Re: Mower Man - a failed BRAWL entry

Pritchard Studios wrote:

$15 an hour mowing isn't that good of money. mini/wink

Thanks for the feedback! I realize it's very hard to understand, but he mowed for a bunch of different people which gave him a living. Not just the mustache dude.(but even so, 15 bucks an hour still isn't that much for a guy his age, so I guess I have some learning to do about that sort of thing) About the original version, I "cut out" parts because I wouldn't have the time to animate them. So I don't know, it would have added like another minute at the most.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

you did fairly well with hiding the fact that the inside/outside of the houses weren't on the same set.

Well, you probably wouldn't have said that if I actually did do a good job, but I don't really care. Your right, this is a great learning experience for me.

Last edited by GHB (August 12, 2013 (07:44am))