Topic: AFOL Date

Directory Link

AFOL Date

AFOL Date

This is our entry for the ReBrick's Show Us an AFOL Competition. We totally fit the title hehe.
Hope you enjoy! @(◠‿◠)@

Re: AFOL Date

Well, it's a little dialog heavy, and there's not much angle variation past the 0:40 mark.
And while the animation is smooth, it's a bit too fast at times.

Moving on, the voice acting is good, but the girl has some inconsistencies in her use of Lego and Legos.
It's not necessarily funny, or action-y or anything, and the lady seemed a bit too positive and accepting of the hobby.

Still, it has some good points.
The guy does a good job of presenting Brickfilming as positive and worthwhile, and the set is nice.
The background elements (Cars, other people, Ect) really help the short, but are sadly only used once or twice.
You've done a good job at keeping the 24FPS animation smooth, and I know it takes a lot more work/time, so congrats on that. Also, the image quality seems really good, did you switch cameras or something?

I hope it does well in the contest!

Re: AFOL Date

Well, you're the only entry so far, so you have that going for you. mini/tongue It's a well done short, you handled the transition from 15 to 24 fps very well, which is a hard thing to do; I haven't attempted it yet, at least not intentionally. It's also a pretty good interpretation of the theme of the contest, which is a really difficult one in my opinion. I liked the part with the key chain; it gives a nice inclusive feel to the definition of an AFOL, I think it really helps your entry. The conversation felt a little awkward at times, but as I said before, it's a really hard contest theme. The overall production quality is nice and high, just like all your other videos. Very well done. mini/smile