Re: The Future of THAC (and BRAWL)

I agree that THAC should be only once per year, but two or three BRAWLs (or one BRAWL and two other contests) sounds very nice.

Legoander wrote:

Concerning the "C" in THAC I like it! In my opinion there is no need to have prizes at all, since the ranking has enough prestige for a brickfilmer. Though a ranking system like this would be great, it definitely needs polishing and discussion how what is rated. Or it's just up to the host.

I think that's a very good system, but it's a lot of work for the judges. However, I really don't think the entries on the lower half of the list should be listed, if you know what I mean. It can't be fun to be placed last in contests like this.

A Twist of Fate | THAC 11: Fish Tale
Youtube | Twitter

"I see… your name is Bernt."

I think there should be a vote in the forum, where people can actually click on certain choices like "THAC once a year". Then you add up the votes. Same thing for BRAWL. That would be the easiest if Harry and the rest didn't want to make the say all themselves.

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

I wouldn't trust a democratic vote any farther than I could throw it.

And since a democratic vote is an intangible object, I wouldn't throw it very far.

I agree, we need to establish a republic!

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

No a Marxist Union with a pinch of Leninism!
Down with the capatalist west!
Democracy is a failed idea! 
Do not trust the populace

Last edited by Carousel (January 21, 2014 (02:52pm))

Couldn't this forum's poll function be used for the vote? I think only mods can access it because I remember Smeagol used it for the bricks in motion census at the start of last year.

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

What we need is a multi-party coalition dictatorship with a senate representatively elected by the populace, and a ceremonial figurehead in the form of an absolute constitutional monarchy.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

FlyingMinifig wrote:

What we need is a multi-party coalition dictatorship with a senate representatively elected by the populace, and a ceremonial figurehead in the form of an absolute constitutional monarchy.

Don't forget a Supreme Leader to make sure the government follows the principles of [insert religion here]

FlyingMinifig wrote:

Let us pledge our allegiance to Fun Sucker, O Supreme Ruler of the Obedient Totalitarian States of Bricks in Motion!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Monarchy all the way.
I am the king of dutch angles, therefore I am the only royal here.

Comrades, im not pretending to be a moderator, but this is really getting out off topic,

Everyone knows a rigidly feudal, fascist despot society under the temporary guise of a quasi-marxist system is the right way to tackle this situation. Jeese.

Can't a moderator set up a poll or something, and therefore we can stop arguing and just vote for what we prefer. I'd suggest there be four options

• Two BRAWLs and Two THACS

• One BRAWL and Two THACs

• Two BRAWLs and One THAC

• One BRAWL and One THAC

That's just what I think, but you can go on with whatever nonsense you were talking about if you wish. That may have sounded a bit rude, but you guys are really ignoring the fact of the matter. Can we please return to the topic?

FlyingMinifig wrote:

We have all that in England (a coalition government with a Prime Minister, an elected parliament, and a Queen). Its an absolute mess.

Politics aside, a poll would probably be a good idea to determine the overall public opinion. It doesn't have to be a final solution, just a barometer...

YouTube
Max, She/They

Max makes a good point there.
Though, don't forget to include options involving a two day contest.

Yes, please set up a poll. That's what I was saying before.

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16