Topic: M is for Monster

Directory Link

M is for Monster

Link 1

A THAC 2013 entry

Re: M is for Monster

This THAC 2013 was burdened with technical issues. Our camera needed a battery which was constantly empty, in order to keep the camera at the same spot I needed to finish each shot before the battery ran out... the animation suffered a lot. Also, it took forever until we got everything together in order to start filming. This is a rather big issues, you need the most time to animate, which means: if you spent too much time on scripting and you have to cut scenes because you run out of time you not only loose the scene you also wasted time by making scenes that will never be made. In the end I think that we did really good voice acting, and the sound and music is amazing. The sets are quite okay, the animation rushed.

Next year we either build the set in advance, or spent exactly one hour on scripting, two hours on building, and the rest is animation. We should also get the technical gear up to speed in advance. I have to point out that most of us were out of electricity until a day before THAC...

Cheers Arend

Re: M is for Monster

Heh. It really wasn't that bad, and having the great sound and music that you did, I didn't really notice the animation that much. Good job!