Re: THAC 11: Results!

That's a good point - I apologize if I came off as being sour. mini/sad

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Re: THAC 11: Results!

Hazzat wrote:
Squid wrote:

Pritchard and Aq got some ridiculously low ratings for how good their films were.  'Tis a bit sad.

I've heard a lot of complaints like this and I agree to an extent, but I think the issue here is that you're all getting too good. There were so many excellent entries that even the ones that placed 30-something are still great pieces of film. I've heard many people say 'This film should have been higher!' but barely anyone say 'This one should have been lower!'

The top 30 is solid, and I think there were no ''bad entries'' above AX 2.

Re: THAC 11: Results!

Loïc F-B wrote:
Hazzat wrote:
Squid wrote:

Pritchard and Aq got some ridiculously low ratings for how good their films were.  'Tis a bit sad.

I've heard a lot of complaints like this and I agree to an extent, but I think the issue here is that you're all getting too good. There were so many excellent entries that even the ones that placed 30-something are still great pieces of film. I've heard many people say 'This film should have been higher!' but barely anyone say 'This one should have been lower!'

The top 30 is solid, and I think there were no ''bad entries'' above AX 2.

Ax 2 was one of my very favorite entries.

Re: THAC 11: Results!

Lets just say that everyone did great and stuff! That sounds good to me. mini/yes

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Re: THAC 11: Results!

Hazzat wrote:

I've heard many people say 'This film should have been higher!' but barely anyone say 'This one should have been lower!'

Even if they think that, nobody is going to outright say that a film should have been placed lower. That would simply be rude.

Re: THAC 11: Results!

Sonjira... your sig...

It's beautiful...

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Re: THAC 11: Results!

Overall this was a great THAC!!!

Re: THAC 11: Results!

FilmmakersGuide wrote:
Hazzat wrote:

I've heard many people say 'This film should have been higher!' but barely anyone say 'This one should have been lower!'

Even if they think that, nobody is going to outright say that a film should have been placed lower. That would simply be rude.

While I do agree with this, I remember in years past many people would non-descriptively state something like "There are some films that I don't think deserve to be up there" or something along those lines. I haven't really noticed much of that this year. Or at least, no ones put those thoughts into writing.

Also, thanks, Jon.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Re: THAC 11: Results!

Hazzat wrote:

I've heard many people say 'This film should have been higher!' but barely anyone say 'This one should have been lower!

That would be a put down. Its obvious that every film can't be high, some films could have been placed higher then the others because they were better.

We are not asking you to change the results or anything (I think), we are expressing opinions and discussing. Maybe it would be better to give each entry an x/100 score so that people will understand that they didn't place low because they suck, but because others are better (of course this could be unrealistic considering how many entries THAC receives every year).

PS: Also, thanks for taking the time to host this you guys.

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Re: THAC 11: Results!

Second place! Congratulations to the winner, it was a stand out for me.

And to Sean with third place! Brisbane, QLD FTW!

My second THAC and my second win. It's a mix of emotions but what really matters is the nice ones at the end mini/smile

mini/smile

Re: THAC 11: Results!

Congratulations to the winners

Re: THAC 11: Results!

Now, usually, when a contest result comes out, and it's a contest i entered, i get excited, like everyone else, and a little disappointed by low placement. When I discovered I came last, I was very sad, but I took it and sucked up because I deserved that placement, and I can improve. But later on the the day, instead of still being sad, I got very angry.
http://i.imgur.com/36hz4gl.png
Hazzat, if giving me last place was a funny little joke to you, let me tell you something: I'm not laughing. This was not fair. You, and the other judges have really ruined my day, and you are responsible for the murder of my confidence. Honestly, I get enough of this crap at school. Honestly, this isn't the first time that has happened. Last year, when repelling spider hosted an animation challenge, I entered and lost, because my entry was terrible, fine. But he made comments of every entry, except mine. I am very tired of this. Honestly, I should just throw in the towel.

Re: THAC 11: Results!

Dude, I'm sorry you feel that way... I'm sure your placement was not meant as some sort of sick joke or something.

Anyways, your entry was good, and quite honestly made me laugh, like a little too much... Don't give up, your films are hilarious and I'm absolutely sure no one was trying to make you feel bad.

Don't throw in the towel, you're a valuable member of the brick filming community.

Best of Luck to you!

π Cherry π Banana Cream π Pumpkin π Lemon-Lemon π Black Berry π Quiche π

Re: THAC 11: Results!

I don't think I did to bad for my first year. Congratulation to all the winners.

Re: THAC 11: Results!

39 Wow yay thats way better than last years 60 Im so pumped!

God is good. Jesus Christ is lord. I believe.
http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz336/Kaleb_Barkman/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-05%20at%209.11.27%20PM_zpsxqllqodb.png
Me on Youtube

Re: THAC 11: Results!

Maybe next year I place higher. Funmi I don't know what happened and I don't think the joke was real. In other words what Hazat said I don't think he ment. Keep making brickfilms and don't let others discrage you.

Re: THAC 11: Results!

funmiproductions wrote:

Now, usually, when a contest result comes out, and it's a contest i entered, i get excited, like everyone else, and a little disappointed by low placement. When I discovered I came last, I was very sad, but I took it and sucked up because I deserved that placement, and I can improve. But later on the the day, instead of still being sad, I got very angry.
http://i.imgur.com/36hz4gl.png
Hazzat, if giving me last place was a funny little joke to you, let me tell you something: I'm not laughing. This was not fair. You, and the other judges have really ruined my day, and you are responsible for the murder of my confidence. Honestly, I get enough of this crap at school. Honestly, this isn't the first time that has happened. Last year, when repelling spider hosted an animation challenge, I entered and lost, because my entry was terrible, fine. But he made comments of every entry, except mine. I am very tired of this. Honestly, I should just throw in the towel.

Edited: to everyone, I am sorry for this rage earlier. I now understand the joke was meant to be ironic, so to smell oil, and yes, I mean you Smeagol, I hope you don't roast Harry or anything for this because so far, he is actually doing a good job, but I'd still like to know how I actually placed. And just like Leonardo Dicaprio said in the wolf of Wall Street, " the show goes on. They going to need the national guard to take me out, cause I ain't going nowhere.'

Last edited by funmiproductions (January 20, 2014 (07:27pm))

Re: THAC 11: Results!

Funmi, in my honest opinion, you should have at least placed higher than me. I loved all the inside jokes and gags you threw in there, and your entry might just be your best film yet.

Anyways, I'm a little disappointed with the results this year. And not because I placed really low--that was my own fault. mini/tongue I just didn't expect so many good entries to get placed into the tens and twenties and thirties. Also the Top 3 seemed a little weird to me, but this is just my opinion.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Re: THAC 11: Results!

Thanks to Mickey, Pushover, hal, Lucas, PrestigiousPieProductions, Galactic Films, Grant, for your messages to me. It means alot.

Re: THAC 11: Results!

While quite unfunny, I'm sure those guys were just joking around. I liked your THAC entry, Funmi. I thought the idea was funny. Sure, there's room for improvement, but that doesn't mean anything bad. There will always be nay-sayers and haters who just want to put you down (I'm not talking about the Skype people, but just what may happen) and you just havd to ignore them. I'm really sorry how you felt, Funmi.

Last edited by LASF (January 22, 2014 (10:16am))