Topic: TREE.

Directory Link

TREE.

YouTube

Here is my Brickfilm all about a tree, so if trees are your thing... mini/tongue

Re: TREE.

Wow! Very nice film! Loved the concept! It's always great to see a quality brickfilm from you every once in awhile! The animation was superb, and the sound effects and music were also great! Well done!

5/5 mini/smile

I like trees. mini/smile  They make me feel all warm, peaceful, and happy inside.

Anyway, I really like this film.  It's a simple concept, but executed very well, and I love how you managed to tell an engaging story with no words or dialogue.  I especially like the water animation and minimalistic sets.

Spoiler (click to read)

The "chopping down" sequence was really well done as well.  I don't think I'll ever look at lumberjacks in the same way again... mini/twitch mini/lol

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Thanks for the comments mini/smile
@FlyingMinifig Trees make me feel warm and peaceful too, especially ones that sway in the wind.

Very nice! The scene with the changing seasons was very well done, aswell as the animated clouds and the rain. The only thing I did not like were the abrupt camera angle changes. Some of them were pretty unnecessary, but other than that you did a great job.

Wow, that was great; almost as good as BULB. It was a great watch! The only thing I would suggest would be that--at 1:12, when the shot of the river comes in--the water should be bubbling a little bit to compliment the sound FX, with a few clear-coloured studs bobbing around here and there. Other than that, I totally loved this short. Great sets, great cinematography, great job on everything, Isaac!

Last edited by Mickey (February 3, 2014 (04:06pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I like this - there are some really creative shots in this film. I especially liked the flow of the river; I was not expecting that movement.

I was a little confused by the sequence of the apple 'washing up on shore' at 1:43 - 1:45. Two waves, in quick succession, push the apple on shore. Essentially the same shot remains for the next 9 or 10 seconds, but there are no more waves. The shift from waves to no waves was jarring. Perhaps a cross fade edit when the camera angle changed would have conveyed the passing of time and 'accounted for' the absence of waves crashing in.

That point aside; great sets, excellent lighting and strong music choices. Well done all around!

TCOTY Entry: The Perks of Being TCOTY
ToY Entry: Secrets of the Lost Tomb
Please visit me on the YouTubes!
Care to follow me on the Twitter?