Topic: What has happened to BiM???

Do people expect only amazing work, or only known brickfilmers to actually want to comment on someones work, and give them critique? Cause if so, you might as well let all the amateur brickfilmers know they got no chance, and just tell them the truth, Jampot made that pretty clear to me, telling me "If nobody posts, I'm afraid you may have to let the thread die. Happens to the best of us all the time." Are you serious? So what the hell is this forum really for then? For only the pros, who have a standing chance?

Really not fair otherwise, having a site, were the only comments, critiques, and ratings are from given to well known brickfilmers, everyone else, posts, they may get some views, possibly a comment and thats it.

This should be changed around, I believe as brickfilmers, no matter how bad, or good you are we are all equal, and this site is dedicated for all brickfilmers alike, as like this, brickfilmers will lose confidence, and the community will fall slowly overtime, due to the lack of motivation, lack of support, lack of dedication from experienced brickfilmers, etc.

I understand new brickfilmers get alot of questions answered, which is great, but at times, they never get an answer, and theres always people on, and I don't see anyone really helping them, has this forum died or does no one GAF?

Just to add whats the real reason for Moderators?

Wait let me guess, to look out at forums, to avoid rude comments, spamming, trolling and so on, but aren't they also meant to help brickfilmers, I mean they are moderators for a brickfilming community right?

Think I am lying?

Let me give you an example, Lechnology, whether he is an admin or moderator, I am not sure, either way, he has never been of any assistance, whenever he posts on my forums, he has never helped me, and only tells me things such as yes, its possible, its easy to do, and when I ask but how do you do it, he just vanishes and you never get an answer for him, heres an example if you think I am lying, Quote from Lechnology ''Yes, if you're a wizard. Why ask if it's possible when it's already possible.  It's been possible for decades.  The better question is how and you've pretty much answered it.''

How the hell does that answer my question Lechnology? Yea thanks alot, for nothing, deadset, we need some proper moderators on this site, that actually want to make this community better, not bring it down and not help other fellow new brickfilmers.

Deadset, I am surprised no one has even brought this up, and if it has been brought up show me a link so I can see, cause I know nothings been done about this, and I have on this site, for ages, since 2011, its just getting worse, for us new brickfilmers, and amateurs, yea don't worry you guys, that are great at brickfilming, and pros at AE, and VFX/CGI I am not talking about you's, I am talking about the ones, that are just starting off, the ones, who are still learning, the ones, who need help with AE, SV, CGI, VFX, AUDIO, Stop motion, and for the ones, who have the basic idea, but don't get any comments on their work what so ever, cause well they think you suck, so they must be thinking whats the point of commenting, which is how it makes me feel, personally, my work might not be the best,

But I put a lot of effort in it, I spend hours and hours, trying to make it the best I can, do I have good sets, good designs, no I am not afraid to admit it, cause I don't have a lot of space, or room, but I still enjoy making it none the less, and at the end of the day, when its finished all I want is to know how it went, I don't expect this to make people look differently, but come on, it should, this is meant to be a friendly community, a helpful community is it really? Are you really going to tell me it is? When a lot of you know it isn't for us fellow ''Amateurs''?

Just let it process through your minds for a moment and think about it, you look at WIP and see how many people really care, about people they have never heard of before. Yea, its degrading tbh.

Wouldn't everyone agree, and be happier if we started seeing as much comments on someone starting off as someone like BB who has over 200 comments for a film thats STILL not complete, like deadset, sure it looks bloody gorgeous, but so what they hardly give anymore updates, which I am NOT putting them down or anything I understand there busy which is fine, but still commenting on there thread, with that many comments already, and updates happen once every month or two, but all these other guys, who don't even have one comment, and there thread just getting buried and dying out, is that really fair?

I have seen alot of this, and all those people from threads, that have died out due to no comments, lack of supporters, and helpful people, people like them are never heard of again, which is sad, we are meant to be like a family here, after all we all have something in common, we love brickfilming/lego/bricking it out so why aren't we all equal?

Let there be a change, when you see someone new, why not give them critique let them know they have been noticed, don't just be all negative, even if its not really good, we all started from were they are, so why put them down? There learning, be helpful give them positive feedback, while critiquing them, let them know, they have been noticed, I tell you they deserve as much comments as anyone else, so many great brickfilmers, never even finished producing the movie they said they were gonna do, yet they have so many fans, so many comments so many damn views, its not even funny or even necessary, false hope to people, is wrong and corrupt in many ways, especially on a forum, thats not dedicated to helping new brickfilmers, and older brickfilmers that are still learning, brickfilmers who have a basic understanding but still lack much knowledge, all I notice,

is the only ones that really get the attention are people who know there way around brickfilming, animating, and use of post production that are really getting anywhere, no one even tells you how they do what they really do, they say they will make a tutorial and never really do, I am not talking about simple walking tutorials/running tutorials, not even talking about masking, or layering for that matter, why can't brickfilmers, as in the great ones we know, show us, how they make their fighting scenes, besides always saying all you need to do is ease in and ease out,

new amateurs think wtf are they talking about, SHOW US, don't just say it, this is a friendly, helpful community, or is it known by words, but not by actions cause if so just tell that to everyone straight out, YOUR ON YOUR OWN, FIGURE IT OUT, WE HAD TO SO CAN YOU, cause that right there is being a bloody hypocrite and shame on you.

I am only saying it how it is, I have nothing to hide, or lie about everything I have said is truthful, and it hurts to know this is what kind of community I am supporting, that has no support what so ever to me, and many many more like me, that don't speak out, so when I say this I am speaking on behalf of everyone that feels what I feel, or has witnessed, noticed, happened to, see happen to, or knows what I am talking about.

mod edit: title has been censored to remove mild profanity

Last edited by Generalned (February 28, 2014 (10:05pm))

Moderator Notice: This user has been banned for mass vandalism of the Brikifilms wiki.]
"You don't know what you have till you lose it, but then when you realize it, it's probably to late.."
Working on a better community
Proverbs 26:21

Re: What has happened to BiM???

People are helpful to me and I'm a complete newbie.
Maybe it's not them but you.

Generalned: I'm not upset that you've made this post. I hope that we can have some positive discussion come out of it. I am afraid that there might be some sarcasm in replies to this thread given that your writing ability is fairly poor so it is a little hard to read your post, but I understand you're probably young and I see what you're trying to say. It truly is valuable and powerful to achieve a better grasp on the English language, and this shortcoming has significantly hampered the clarity of what you're saying, which makes responding more of a challenge.

That having been said, I'd love it if we could have some civil discussion about the issue of how to support and encourage newer filmmakers, because I do think it's something this community could improve in.

I'll try to address a few of your points:

• Moderators -- I feel that Jampot's point is, to an extent, a valid one. While it's unfortunate that some films don't get a lot of feedback, bumping one's own thread or begging for feedback is clearly not a workable solution. What we need to find a way to do instead is foster a place where people want to give each other feedback. I'll address that more in the next bullet point.

Lechnology has a well-earned reputation for being a fairly blunt guy, and I agree that he is not always the kindest and most helpful user on this forum and probably has room to improve, as most of us do. This is not an excuse to toss aside any room for critique of Lechnology's behavior, but he's an opinionated sort of fellow. Lechnology has been immensely helpful over the past several years in assisting with the new user registration process, and I'm grateful for the work he's done. It's behind-the-scenes and pretty much thankless, but just as important any long, gushy post about building the community that I might happen to make, like the one I'm writing right now.

Not everybody can fulfill the same niche of being helpful on the forums. The great thing is that the purpose of moderators is not to make the community amazing, it is to police the site and keep spam and offensive content out of the forums.

• Feedback and constructive critique -- It is a fact that a lot of up-and-coming members on this site don't get much good feedback. In part this is probably due to the fact that we have more users posting new films than we have people willing and able to post feedback.

When I joined this community in 2002, I wasn't very good, and I posted my films to get feedback. The feedback I got was generally from people with a similar skill level to my own, but by working together we were able to bootstrap our way to improving our abilities as filmmakers. I think this can be a beautiful thing, and is much more realistic than expecting experienced members to devote a lot of their time to watching beginner-level work and providing thorough critique. Newbies gotta stick together; if you want newbies not to be ignored, then become part of the solution by providing fellow newbies with feedback!

We just can't expect that kind of time out of everyone consistently. A good rule of thumb might be that if you are posting work for critique on the forums, you should probably try to abide by the golden rule and post feedback on other peoples' films when you get the chance.

On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with being excited about the work of an established brickfilmer who has made good work in the past. These films are always going to get far more attention than a poorly made film by a beginner, it's called rewarding great work. Think of this as the reward of having the perseverance it takes to become a good filmmaker. There isn't a lot of external reward to making brickfilms, so it's nice to have something.

• Civility -- Sometimes there are people on this site who could be nicer to each other. When I see really bad examples of this, I try to intervene, as do many of our moderators. We don't always get to every post, though, so if you see something that you think is really out of line with the spirit of this community, feel free to use the "report" button on the post to notify our moderating team

In addition, complaining about rude members on the site doesn't work very well when your own post sounds like an angry rant. As Nemo points out, if you are polite and do your best to contribute positively to the community, you are more likely to be respected and treated in kind. The Golden Rule. Anger is not going to solve anything, but we all want the same thing, which is for this community to be the best it can be!

And despite what you've said, almost everybody in this community is amateur when it comes to brickfilming; I can count on one hand the number of people in this community who've done brickfilming professionally. We may have different skill levels, but anybody who is here is here because they want to share their work and improve. And, hopefully, help others improve in the process. That's why I have worked to keep this site alive for the past 5 years. This community was a big part of my formation as a filmmaker, and I want the same opportunities to be available to young people now.

It's a tough thing. Ultimately, there's not a whole lot the staff of a community website can do to bring about great discussion and feedback for new filmmakers on the site. That depends on new filmmakers rising up, doing the best they can on their films, and being willing to take the time to watch each others' work and help each other improve. I agree that the amount of that has declined in recent years, I think partly because YouTube has undercut what was previously a greater need for a platform on which to share films. If we can find ways to revitalize film critique and discussion here, I'd love to achieve that.

Sméagol

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

That was quite a hearty vent right there.

First, regarding Jampot's statement:

If nobody posts, I'm afraid you may have to let the thread die. Happens to the best of us all the time.

That's how an internet forum works. When you make a post you're standing on a box in the middle of a street and shouting. Many people will probably walk on by, often without even noticing you are there. Generally there is no guarantee that someone will stop and listen. Some people might stop by your box in the middle of a street, pass a comment, then move on without adding anything else. Conversely, sometimes people will gather around you and your box, providing their own comments and conversation. That's just how it goes. So no, this forum is not just "for the pros". On the contrary, many of the "pros" frequent these forums less and less as time goes on.

Now, let's look at the responsibilities of a Moderator. The relevant definition of the verb "moderate" is:

Monitor (an Internet message board or chat room) for inappropriate or offensive content.

That is the job of a moderator. And that is what the BiM moderators endeavour to do. Their role as moderators does not specifically include acting as teachers or tutors.

I will not address your personal attack on Lechnology further than to say this: He fills his role as a moderator (as I just outlined) well. How he conducts himself as a regular user is his business.

It's not solely up to moderators to go reply to and help everyone that makes a post. Nor do I think it's fair to attribute this responsibility just to those who have been Brickfilming for longer. It's up to the community as a whole. There's nothing stopping newbies from helping other newbies. If you're posting things and wanting feedback and/or help, go and provide your own feedback and/or help on other people's threads. In the immortal words of Captain Planet...

http://i.imgur.com/auhNVpk.jpg

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

tl;dr

Yep, it's you, Generalned.  It's all about you. mini/tongue

You seem put more effort in asking questions rather than testing out or exploring the tools you have on your own.  Time spent writing your commentary you could have spent getting your hands dirty and trying out new things with your image editors, video editors, etc.  It's fine to ask questions, but you come off like someone who got a Lamborghini but have no idea how to drive yet, asking how to make figure-8 tire marks when you haven't figured out which one's the turn signal and which one's the windshield wiper.

Almost every question you ask has required some prior background knowledge that you seem to not have, yet.  You jumped into the deep end without swimming lessons.  If you're just starting out on using GIMP or Photoshop, how are we suppose to explain how to mask, add flares, composite multiple layers, or even a hologram effect?  You want to know how to do special effects with After Effects, but you barely just opened the program.  We can answer your very specific, advanced topic question, but it's a 100 page response if we also have to explain every button on the screen, every hot-key on the keyboard and every Animation 101 topic that leads up to your specific question. Example: hologram (lasso, masking tool, what are masking tools? transparency, opacity, what is opacity/transparency, filters, multi layer images, how to add new layer, what's a layer, etc.).

SLOW DOWN, you want to prove the Theory of Relativity, but you haven't taken your core Physics classes yet.

That's how you've been coming off all these years and you won't take the hint that you're getting ahead of yourself.  Other people have given that hint, encouraging you to view tutorials and play around with the software, but here you are, ranting about how unhelpful we are.

As for how I operate, I'm not going to hold your hand.  Other people can be that enabler for you, coddle you because you refuse to make the effort on your own.  The answers are all there, in this forum, on YouTube, all over the Internet.  I'm not going to fish for you.  I'll point to you where to look, I'll give you tips on where to start, but I'm not going to search for you.  Because I am not you.  I don't know what you do or do not know or what keywords you're using.  I'm encouraging better information seeking behavior, not this impulsive instant-gratification attitude some users have.  But I guess I'm expecting too much for people to be able type a few keywords instead of paragraphs on a forum.

Go ahead, ask your questions, but know that the answer is most likely out there and you might as well do a brief search before posting your question.  In fact, why don't you use the chatroom for a quicker response, even suggestions on what keywords to use.

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png

Lech's post is better than mine.

Lechnology wrote:

In fact, why don't you use the chatroom for a quicker response, even suggestions on what keywords to use.

I've found this helpful in the past. I may talk about my romantic frustrations with unnerving frequency in the chat, but we are usually willing to give people some quick advice on brickfilming stuff, too.

Oh dear, What long posts. mini/blankexpression

To be completely honest, I just skimmed over this instead of reading it word for word. From what I understand is that you think "nobody is answering your questions or helping you out because you are not famous".

I don't think that's true. I was a "nobody" when I came here (I am not famous now, but I do post often here). When I posted my first thread I received good, helpful feedback. I tried my hardest to be respectful of everyone else and made sure I wasn't asking a frequently asked question. I remember reading your posts awhile back and they were basically endless rants and complaints like this one. In the "Script Writing Agency" thread, you posted something along the lines of

"Quite frankly, I am disgusted with the service here"

I don't remember the exact wording because you always edit your posts so nobody knows what it originally said. One thing that is kind of important to remember is that this is a forum, not a help desk. You just scream and complain because other users will not devote all their attention to your questions which have been asked a million times before. Be respectful of the other brickfilmers who are so graciously taking the time to help you out. Don't scream at them and highlight their names so that everyone knows they are awful people . Really, nobody else has these problems dude.

You are not being discriminated against because you are not famous, it is because you throw outrageous fits, keep announcing projects that you never finish, and have meltdowns over not having your questions answered.

I might be a bit rude or I might not fully understand what you are trying to say, but I am a bit miffed because I took time out of my very busy life to write a script for you and then never heard from you again. We are all people with our own projects and ambitions. Don't start new films and then ditch them after others kindly worked to make the project a success. If you keep doing this then others won't take you seriously and just reply to you with sarcasm. You are the boy who cried wolf.

So basically: The internet doesn't revolve around you.

EDIT: I forgot to add one of these: mini/madhead

Last edited by PushOverProductions (March 1, 2014 (12:48am))

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Thank you Smeagol for taking the time to read my initiating thoughts on the forum, I appreciate you telling me my grammar is bad, but honestly I really don't understand, I am young, but not a child, what I don't understand is, when you critique my writing and say my grammar is terrible, you really get me lost there, I spell all my words as correctly as possible, I put plenty of commors, I have full stops, if its the not putting capitals, after every paragraph thats bothering people, well, were not all perfect, and I am not writing an essay.

With that being said, I am not really angry, infact, I am more frustrated, that this topic has not been raised previously, for what reason I do not know.

But I believe that as a community, a brickfilming community, it is important that we all bind together and help each other out, as you said when you started off you had people with your level critiquing your work, we don't really even have that now, for my level, it's like it doesn't even exist, back when the site started, I would imagine everyone was new to brickfilming and due to this, the site was a lot more stable, and more user friendly, it would have been a lot more helpful cause everyone seemed to be on the same level.

Now the community has professional brickfilmers, then great brickfilmers, to regular, then to newbies, due to this it has killed balance of the community, and the professional brickfilmers keep more to themselves, than how it once was.

Thanks Nemo for your completely irrelevant post, if your getting the help needed, then this thread is NOT for you, this goes out to the people that are experiencing the same same treatment as me, which is un-fairness, and under equal to everyone else.

Also in my own defense, when I mention these ''Rude'' members, the reason for their mention is the fact, they will respond on a thread post, whether it would be for asking for critique, or whether it was a question on how to achieve something, instead, why I call these people ''Rude'' is for them responding to my thread, that has nothing to do with my thread, isn't that trolling? Isn't that sort of like harassment?

I mean does someone need to tell me that I double posted when I clearly realize I did? I mean is that really an offense, I understand people don't like it, and I didn't exactly realize that it was 7 hours ago, that I had posted the thread, had I known, I wouldn't have bumped it so early.

almost everybody in this community is amateur when it comes to brickfilming;

And that is the exact point I am trying to come to, since people are new, of course they want to share their work, and are excited to hear peoples thoughts, but when people don't respond and let threads die, we lose those people, those amateurs lose hope and faith, thinking their work wasn't good enough, to make a commuinty grow, it is important and vital, for everyone to try and pitch in and do their fair share, especially the old timers, since they have alot more knowledge and understanding of the concept of what this forum is about, which in reality, we do not see.

This is not an attack against any member, rather a freedom of speech, of goodwill if you will call it, to make a better commuinty out of this place, and to do this, its important that everyone wants to accept the fact, it really isn't just me, I mean seriously you can pick on me, say your getting treated fairly, that everything is great, when in all reality it really isn't just me, and you got to stop pointing fingers, and accept the fact, this place, could use alot more encouragement, along with dedication and motivation in supporting most of the people on this forum, who are amateurs, these amateurs, are helping all of you greater brickfilmers, by critiquing your work, being excited to give you a thumbs up for a great film, motivating you to make more, because they love your work, letting you know how great your film was, and let me ask you, what do you do for these amateurs? When they put up a film, that really isn't of great standard, you just let it pass you by, and the thread dies, and this trend continues to go on, to this day, why do you blame me, and say its just me?

I don't have an attitude, and even if this post may make me sound like I am angry, don't be deceived, I am not angry, I am frustrated, agitated, I am deprived, and I am upset, that such a site with such potential, could be lacking so much encouragement, and dedication towards these new brickfilmers, is it so much to ask, that people just be a bit more generous of their time, to leave a post or critique for peoples work, to send off helpful tips even if they don't have a clue about the damn software? I mean we all started from scratch didn't we?

You'd be a hypocrite, to say, I know everything about brickfilming that when I started, I was just as good as I am now, which your not, we all start off as noobs, some longer than others, so why does it bother people to leave motivating messages to new members, to give them a head start of that motivation they need to keep on pushing, and getting better.

I read on threads, that people are lacking motivation, and being bored of lego, why do you think this is?  Its because of the lack of motivation and dedication, and encouragement, from the older users of this site.

Lechnology
There is way to much sarcasm from you, especially being a moderator, I do my own dirty work, and I do practice when I can, but what must I do everything on my own, when I have a community, that's meant to help out new comers, and people new to the software, what are we meant to do Lechnology do you expect us to watch youtube videos all day, learn all the basics of AE then to ask you the question which pretty much could be said in a whole paragraph?

You talk about Lamborghini's like you have a clue, if you had any knowledge of how a Lamborghini works, then you wouldn't even be wasting your time here, so please stop being a hypocrite, and focus on what the real issues are.

If your going be blunt, and arrogant, its better you don't post nothing at all, of course perhaps, you have helped several people, which in that case, I applaud you, but you have not ever helped me out what so ever, and for this, I have mentioned you, if you are not going to be helpful, and just use sarcasm then why even bother posting?

Is it really just me? I are you really that self arrogant?

I have never mentioned to you, that I was starting off in photoshop or gimp, so I do not know what you are trying to refer to.

I do not want or ask you to hold my hand, and I never refer to you to be my guidance of answering every single question I have, but all you seem to do, is when I have thread you seem to read it, and then rant at me telling me to check tutorials, and do this and do that, but you never ever tell me how to actually complete the process, that's why your posts are irrelevant and pointless, for this reason I mention you being unhelpful because you are unhelpful towards me, I don't know how you are with everyone else, but with me you do not help what so ever.

PushoverProduction As said everyone has their own opinion of how things work around these forums, I have posted what I feel is bothering me, The script writing agency, I had actually spoken to 3 or 4 of the script writers, none of them ever wrote the scripts that I had asked for, they said they were either to busy or they had no time on their hands, one of the scripts I had received was encrypted I never got it UN-encrypted after that. Yes thank you for sending me a script, if you did not realize, I am an amateur not a pro, so I do not why your ranting that you gave me a script and that I did not complete it, I had things going on in my life that did not revolve around your script, and your script isn't the first I had received, but these were projects I'd obviously had in mind to finish some day.

I am allowed out of free will to speak the words of truth, saying I am disgusted with this service, which is not the words I believe I used, but it is expressing that the scripting agency was obviously not doing their job properly, and it fair to put in a customer response if you would call it that. EVERYONE has the right, to put feedback bad or good get use to it, people need to know, and see on how they can improve, and what they are doing wrong.

I do not highlight your name so people can see how awful they are, this is your own words, and not mine, I highlight them to show you, that they are names, Lechnology has his name highlighted, being a person, I do not have to explain why I highlight names, but the reason you have stated is not correct, and of your own terms, which frankly bothers me, you would try to put words into my mouth.

I believe you don't know what I am saying since as you said you didn't read my full initial post which in future, they be better on your part, before you go sticking fingers at me and blaming me, it is funny how you and other people have the urge to point fingers right at me, when I say that this community could do a lot better with more people helping out, and with more encouragement, and dedication to posts, its like people on here are corrupt, and don't want to help out even though they claim they do.

Come on Pushoverproductions you make me laugh, you claim that because you wrote me a script, now I am obliged to make you that film? please show me the contract stating that? You can't, so don't point fingers at me, are you going to tell all those number of people that have been given scripts, that have voice acted for films, that NEVER get made? Really? Don't be a hypocrite, your biting where you can't chew. Don't rant on me, because when you say you took time out of your busy life to write me a script, that was a page or so, that it took time out of your life, mate, how busy is your life? If it was so busy how do you have time to make movies, come onto this site make posts, and such? So please don't tell me your life is so busy, everyones life is busy, everyone has personal endeavors, and now I tell you do not see this as an attack towards you, I appreciate you writing a script don't think for a moment I didn't I appreciate everyone that has helped me, but don't expect because you gave me a script, to get a movie done straight away for you, it doesn't work like that, as you claimed you are busy, you don't think everyone else is busy? Or is it just you? cause if you knew, others are busy, you would not brag about it, as you do.

When did I expect the Internet to revolve around me? Don't go ahead of yourself mate, calm down and take a step back, what I have asked is, for a more helpful, encouraging, dedicated site to the vast amount of members on this site which are made up of amateurs, so no I do NOT expect the Internet to revolve around me.

All I would like is to see a better change, everyone is busy, thats no dough, but that doesn't mean you can't spend a few minutes out of your busy schedule to write a few critiques down, possibly do a few voices for someone who is a new comer, AND most IMPORTANTLY, not to EXPECT anything out of the person your helping, in that being said its funny coming from you PushoverProduction, in your sig you have a passage of the Bible, if you knew the Bible, and the Lord, you would know as he saids, you give without expecting anything in return, yet you expect a full movie of success because you provided me with a script years ago. I think you need to work more on your approach to people.

As when you help out someone on this site, your helping them out, you want them to have some motivation now that they have a script given from you, or voice that you provided for one of their scripts, maybe they can't make it, maybe something happened, don't just be quick to judge, are you going to comment on anyone else, who has been given a script, or voices and never done a movie? Think about it for a moment, and don't point the finger at me all the time.

but you judging me doesn't go anywhere, so much for a friendly site, this is why I keep mentioning this, because I put a thread up of being treated differently, along with many other birckfilmers alike, I get all the fingers pointed at me, even from a moderator, which in all honesty is really sad.
mini/confused

I also did not know about the chatroom either.

That being said perhaps, as many have claimed to busy, if possible why not allow certain days of the month/week to be days were amateurs/anyone for that matter can get critiques if their movie is released on the respected day, or on that day to get commented on their movie, to start making this site more encouraging, and not to have so much negative energy, I believe this would be a very positive asset to have for this community. So on certain days of the week or month, to free up time to comment, and make time for new brickfilmers, to have their work critiqued in a positive way, whether its a good film or not, so that people can feel appreciated and we can raise the numbers together, being all brickfilmers, we have to think of ourselves as family, to keep this community alive we all come on, we talk we discuss issues, and occasionally we will fight, this doesn't mean its the end of the world, but it is progress to something better.

Another thing that could be useful Smeagol is once a month, or every few months, to put up a thread to note, who has been most helpful and that we appreciate that person, so that, that person can also get gratitude and know he is being appreciated, and doing the right thing, these small things, can do great things for this community, I am telling you the truth, everything I say is for a more positive approach, and of course I will defend myself, where the blame is irrelevant, especially for this thread.

Moderator Notice: This user has been banned for mass vandalism of the Brikifilms wiki.]
"You don't know what you have till you lose it, but then when you realize it, it's probably to late.."
Working on a better community
Proverbs 26:21

I wish we could continue to have a fruitful discussion about this. I think a lot of good points have been raised by various users here which will give us all a lot to think about. However, the level of personal attacks occurring here isn't in line with the kind of civility we'd need in order for productive discussion to take place.

We cannot have civil discourse when the person on one side of a discussion is criticizing somebody on the other side for being a bad Christian because of a Bible verse citation in their signature, among other similar tactics. Ad hominem attacks get us nowhere. There's too much finger-pointing and disrespect in your posts, Generalned, for us to be able to take this conversation further.

Generalned wrote:

Thank you Smeagol for taking the time to read my initiating thoughts on the forum, I appreciate you telling me my grammar is bad, but honestly I really don't understand, I am young, but not a child, what I don't understand is, when you critique my writing and say my grammar is terrible, you really get me lost there, I spell all my words as correctly as possible, I put plenty of commors, I have full stops, if its the not putting capitals, after every paragraph thats bothering people, well, were not all perfect, and I am not writing an essay.

Case in point. I generally try not to be too picky about peoples' writing because everybody is at a different ability level and we have a lot of ESL members here. The only reason I brought it up is that it is often difficult to understand what you're trying to communicate. If you want specific examples, I'd point to the heavy use of comma splices and run-on sentences in your writing.

You talk about Lamborghini's like you have a clue, if you had any knowledge of how a Lamborghini works, then you wouldn't even be wasting your time here, so please stop being a hypocrite, and focus on what the real issues are.

It's a car and you're attacking the straw man and missing MY point: You have a powerful tool you wish to sculpt your content with but you're a beginner wanting to sculpt something complex when you should be practicing sculpting the basic shapes first.

If your going be blunt, and arrogant, its better you don't post nothing at all, of course perhaps, you have helped several people, which in that case, I applaud you, but you have not ever helped me out what so ever, and for this, I have mentioned you, if you are not going to be helpful, and just use sarcasm then why even bother posting?

First of all, I have never helped a single person in my life.  You have no evidence mini/tongue.

Second, have you noticed how little I respond to your postings?  When I do respond, it's to point out you're out of your element and you should pause and take a few steps back, in a very blunt sarcastic way.

are you really that self arrogant

Yes.  Next question.

telling me to check tutorials, and do this and do that, but you never ever tell me how to actually complete the process, that's why your posts are irrelevant and pointless

If you had checked those tutorials and applied what you have learned to your project, you would have completed the process, thus, I answered your question.  I'm not the only one telling you to look over tutorials.  It's not my problem if you're not absorbing/applying the knowledge offered by those tutorials. 

When I started out wanting to learn how to add lightsaber effects, I searched, found, and viewed tutorials and applied what I learned to my videos.  I played around with the software and added my own touches to it, as well.  Have you extrapolated what you've learned from tutorials to your projects?  If so, good.  If not, then that's the problem.  If people aren't applying what they've learned, then they're wasting everyone's time.

It bothers you that I am not helpful.  It bothers you that I'm not giving you a direct answer.  It bothers me that people like you aren't able to search and extrapolate from the information you find and want us to spell it out for you, to do the research for you and serve it on a silver platter. It bothers me that you're an impulsive inquirer, but that's just me and I shouldn't impose.  However, I am not the only one who'd prefer it if people gave the tutorials and program's Help Manual a chance first before asking.

You're asking for a helpful community, I'm asking for a community that can help each other help themselves.  I'm asking for people to have some independence, to ask questions when necessary, but not depend on the community to answer every question that can be answered with a little independent research.

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png