Topic: Composer Call - The Samurai

I am looking for an orchestral composer, who is able to create an original score for my series. If selected, I will provide direction on what I'm after in post production, so that the score can be matched nicely to the visual.

All auditions should be sent as an audio file via email to [email protected]. Better quality auditions will be favoured over lower quality, since only the best will do for the final film. If the audio file is too large to attach to email, a file sharing website can be used, with a link provided in the email. Dropbox is preferred for file sharing.

Please direct all questions to [email protected].

Background:

I am after an orchestral score, so any non-orchestral auditions wont be selected.

Real life recordings or digital recordings (Garageband, etc.) may be used. Quality is a must though, so consider your strengths. Either method can produce great and not so great results, so none is 'better' than the other.

Any number of instruments can be used, just remember than more is less, especially with movie scores. There are exceptions.

'The Samurai' is set in a fictional tribe, from 1000CE/AD Japan. Traditional Japanese instruments are not necessary, but may improve chances of being selected, depending on how they are used.

Audition Tests:

-A recorded original arrangement of the C major scale, of 8 bars length.
-A recorded original arrangement of any scale in 6/8 time signature; 8 bars length.
-Example of previous work (Not needed if none, but can strengthen audition).

Credit listings:

If selected, full credit listings will be included in the Youtube description of all episodes, as well as on the final credits at the end of the last episode.

The composer will be listed by themselves; with the conductor (if applicable) also listed separately after the composer, and the musicians (if applicable) listed all together after the conductor.

http://www.cxpulp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&d=1279678499
The new KB Videos coming soon.