Topic: Super Duck

Directory Link

Super Duck

Youtube

Super Duck is a touching movie about an ordinary guy who overcomes his fears and becomes a great superhero. At least, that's what I meant for it to be. Instead, it is a ludicrous clip about an ordinary guy who becomes the most bumbling superhero ever.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Re: Super Duck

Great job! Fantastic animation, very compelling fight scenes, and a great, funny, and original story. Keep up the good work! Also, do you have any plans on bringing Super Duck back? Like a sequel or something?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also, do you have any plans on bringing Super Duck back? Like a sequel or something?

Mayyybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee mini/shifty

I really happy to see a positive comment from you. Since The Adventures of Neptune and Super Duck are so similar, I value your input very much.

Last edited by Brickelodeon (March 29, 2014 (08:38pm))

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Very nice job! I'm happy to see the finished product. mini/smile  I just sent it to my friend who voice-acted for you, he will be thrilled to see it! I really liked the animation and story-line, keep it up!

- PlainBrick
Formerly MrLegoProductions
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/mrlego15/bg67_zps34f3201a.png
Youtube - My Latest Video

That was really entertaining.  I laughed several times!
The animation was okay, some parts were pretty good and other parts were not as good, they were a bit choppy.  Just keep practicing.  One of my favorite parts was the guy in the sticky tack.
The voice acting was good but the sets ranged a bit.  I saw a hole in one of them, and a couple were a bit plain.
This was the funniest thing I've seen today, so I really liked it.  Can't wait to see what you have next, super duck or not.

I can say the same thing as DonkeyKong, this was the funniest thing I've seen today! But I just woke up so I guess that makes my comment invalid. mini/confused But seriously, I thought it was hilarious. Great job! mini/lol

The thing that bothered me the most and kept me from enjoying the video even more was the framing. It was really awkward most of the time. Do some research on how to compose good images and work from there.

The Adventures of Neptune and Super Duck are so similar

When I first started conceptualizing The Adventures of Neptune what I had in my head was exactly like Super Duck. But things have shifted from a more whimsical tone to a much more serious one (as you will see in future episodes of Neptune). So, while the concepts started very similar, I can assure you that our series carry quite different tones and themes. That being said, I love what you are doing with Super Duck and I hope you continue it.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

As many of you might have noticed, It took me so long to animate that my skill dramatically improved. Thus, I have crummy animation and sets at the beginning, and better animation and sets near the end.

I found it very funny. I also liked your use of the scribble face cop face. mini/smile
The one big issue was the chroma keying in the flight scene.

The animation was quite good and witty, but the story and voice acting was just so blah.

The story was so dumb, and the advice the psychologist was giving was extremely illogical. If you were to do a sequel I could see the doctor being like a scientist instead of a psychologist just to see what would happen, blah blah blah.

Overall 2/5: Good animation, very witty and comical, but way to many camera bumps/drifts. The story was very dumb and made me feel like my IQ was dropping with each passing minute. I would definitely watch your next video only for the animation. You story writing skills need some work.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

the advice the psychologist was giving was extremely illogical

I totally agree! I don't have any idea what the Psychiatrist's problem is. mini/lol  Maybe he has had a hard life and wants to take his bitterness out on someone else. Or maybe he's just a sadist. mini/eek I must have been high when I wrote his part.

I personally found this to be excellent! I was laughing my head off at times, and the way you executed the story was actually pretty good! Carroll is right, the story needs work, but it is pretty rare to see a brickfilm of this quality come around. I'm definitely watching this again, and again, and again, and again,…

4.5/5 mini/smile

Very, very funny! I usually don't stay with a video that is this long but this was a joy to watch! Very clever and witty! I look forward to seeing more of your work! 4/5 mini/smile

This was awesome!!!  Great animation, funny story, good voice acting, this is one of the greatest brickfilms I've seen all year.  My only problem is the chroma keying during the flying scene.  Other than that, great job.  It was really fun voice acting for this film.

I'm not random, I start conversations.

Ha ha! I loved the animation, but some parts were choppy. I liked the idea of it, didn't explain it very good. I completely loathe the chroma-keying though.
7.5/10

Do you realize how many night I woke up screaming because of that chroma-keying? It was literally, THE WORST! So I'm not surprised by you guy's comments. I agree.

Not meaning to double post, but I figured I would tell you guys all of the secrets about this film now.

First of all, does anyone notice anything about the background in this?.
Secondly, the thug who shoots the hero's sister is the same thug that he beats up at 11:46.
Third, it is Bob in the red sports car that zooms by just before Billy gets run over.
Fourth, the uncle runs over the guy at 3:24.
Fifth, Slender man appears at 9:31.
Sixth, the guy who gets hit by the brick at 3:21 is the same guy who Super Duck beat up at 9:19.
Seventh, the mugging happening at 9:41 is in a perfectly square room. There is no logical way out.
Eighth, none of the characters have names except Billy and Bob.

Maybe this post is just irrelevant, but I thought that you guys might care. I'm probably wrong.

brickelodeon wrote:

Not meaning to double post, but I figured I would tell you guys all of the secrets about this film now.

First of all, does anyone notice anything about the background in this?.
Secondly, the thug who shoots the hero's sister is the same thug that he beats up at 11:46.
Third, it is Bob in the red sports car that zooms by just before Billy gets run over.
Fourth, the uncle runs over the guy at 3:24.
Fifth, Slender man appears at 9:31.
Sixth, the guy who gets hit by the brick at 3:21 is the same guy who Super Duck beat up at 9:19.
Seventh, the mugging happening at 9:41 is in a perfectly square room. There is no logical way out.
Eighth, none of the characters have names except Billy and Bob.

Maybe this post is just irrelevant, but I thought that you guys might care. I'm probably wrong.

What about the sky being purple in the starting? Was that intentional?

I was lame at brickfilming (implying that I'm not anymore mini/delirium )when I started this, that was the first scene.