Topic: LEGO The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (Unfinished)

Directory Link

LEGO The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (Unfinished)

YouTube

And here it is! The Fellowship of the Ring that I never finished. If you want it in 3D let me know. I cut out the major parts that I didn't finish, but there are still some short blank spots. Please dont rate on the fact that I did not finish it.

Re: LEGO The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (Unfinished)

I'll give you credit for your ambition.  Even though you didn't finish, I hope you learned something. 

I think your animation has improved some since then, but keep at it.  The two things that stood out to me that needed some real improvement were the framing and cgi. 

The framing was off in a few places so that we couldn't see everything.  The cgi looked like a good places to start, but I have never done any of that so I couldn't really help you at all with that.  I will say though that the scene where Sauron is forging the ring bugged me because you used the stacked base plates as the background and it looked pretty odd.

I hope I don't come off as mean, only trying to help.  I did notice some nice details, like the broken shards of Isildur's sword.  Just keep on improving so that one day you can complete an epic project like this one in the best way you can.

0DonkeyKong wrote:

I'll give you credit for your ambition.  Even though you didn't finish, I hope you learned something. 

I think your animation has improved some since then, but keep at it.  The two things that stood out to me that needed some real improvement were the framing and cgi. 

The framing was off in a few places so that we couldn't see everything.  The cgi looked like a good places to start, but I have never done any of that so I couldn't really help you at all with that.  I will say though that the scene where Sauron is forging the ring bugged me because you used the stacked base plates as the background and it looked pretty odd.

I hope I don't come off as mean, only trying to help.  I did notice some nice details, like the broken shards of Isildur's sword.  Just keep on improving so that one day you can complete an epic project like this one in the best way you can.

Thanks man. I learned a lot from doing this, and if I do try to do a big project like this again I will try my best to finish it. But I did try to put as much detail as I could In the sets, which has really helped me with MOC building. But I still don't get what you mean when you say that the framing was off. Can elaborate a bit more?

Essentially, the way you set out an individual shot is framing. Try looking at this, it might help out. The things you should do searches for are the rule of thirds, division of space, eyelines (which ties into the rule of thirds) and angle types. Hope that helps!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

The reason for that was at the time I only had two baseplates and could only move my camera so far. But now I have more plates and should not have that issue any more. mini/smile