Topic: The Hill of Sorcery

Directory Link

The Hill of Sorcery

YouTube

A short video I made to test my skils. Enjoy!This is a FAN video and has no affiliation with The LEGO Company and New Line Cinema.

Re: The Hill of Sorcery

If any one wants it in 3D let me know. mini/smile

You've come a long way, GF.

If you were trying to make this a short-for-shot remake then I'd comment on how you haven't replicated any of the original angles which would have made it a lot more interesting viewing, but I'm guessing this is more of a test of skill, right?

The Nazgul was cool, but I think you could have tried to make it interact with the other elements more. Did you green screen him in, or just invert his colours? If you'd done the former, you could also try messing with the transparency a bit. With the Necromancer reveal at the end, maybe have the background zoom as well.

That's my main comment, actually, is that the shots were quite stationery. A bit of camera movement, or even a few slow zooms would help elevate this piece.

Still, you've come a long way and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next mini/bigsmile

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

jampot wrote:

You've come a long way, GF.

If you were trying to make this a short-for-shot remake then I'd comment on how you haven't replicated any of the original angles which would have made it a lot more interesting viewing, but I'm guessing this is more of a test of skill, right?

The Nazgul was cool, but I think you could have tried to make it interact with the other elements more. Did you green screen him in, or just invert his colours? If you'd done the former, you could also try messing with the transparency a bit. With the Necromancer reveal at the end, maybe have the background zoom as well.

That's my main comment, actually, is that the shots were quite stationery. A bit of camera movement, or even a few slow zooms would help elevate this piece.

Still, you've come a long way and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next mini/bigsmile

Thanks! I was trying to do shot for shot, but there were some that were not like the film. And yes I blue screened in the Nazgul and then inverted the colours. And a lot of the shots from the film were stationery, so when I moved the camera it was in a spot where it moved in the film. Thanks for your thoughts. mini/smile

Take a quick look at the actual scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAVDlaf0ap8

You may notice that no shot is stationery. Pretty much every shot moves even if it's just a tiny bit. The camera is never still, even if the movements are so slow you almost can't see it. Trust me, it makes a world of difference.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Ok. I was watching the scene while I filmed it, maybe I just didn't notice them. And one more thing that helped the video was that I just got in a camera remote, which has really helped with the shaky cam that my other videos had.