Topic: The Hidden "Article"

Directory Link

The Hidden "Article"

The Hidden "Article" Youtube

Well, this was a short film I quickly made in two days for an event. (When I say quickly I mean it) It is really bad...basically I just focused on my cinematography. If you can give me some constructive criticism on that it would be nice.

The Bible is actually banned in some parts of the world. It might even have been hidden. Some may try and find what has been hidden from them... Not much of a plot but it works for a barely decent film. mini/tongue

Well here it is, not nearly the best I could do. Again it was made in two days and I had no green screen and no lights. The lack of lights could be why there is a lot of flickering.

Hope you enjoy it. mini/smile

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Re: The Hidden "Article"

I really wonder if this was voted 2 starts because of the quality, or because of everyone bias against Creationism and the Bible.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Re: The Hidden "Article"

Harborlight Productions wrote:

I really wonder if this was voted 2 starts because of the quality, or because of everyone bias against Creationism and the Bible.

No, it wasn't that (I'm a christian myself). I think some of the downsides were the so-so animation, the light flicker, and the bible part seamed a bit thrown in there and didn't fit in my opinion.

Re: The Hidden "Article"

END films wrote:
Harborlight Productions wrote:

I really wonder if this was voted 2 starts because of the quality, or because of everyone bias against Creationism and the Bible.

No, it wasn't that (I'm a christian myself). I think some of the downsides were the so-so animation, the light flicker, and the bible part seamed a bit thrown in there and didn't fit in my opinion.

Yes. It did have those problem's. lol

Without the biblical part it would have made no sense. Oh well. What can you do in a two day extremely rushed brickfilm? mini/tongue

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Re: The Hidden "Article"

END films wrote:
Harborlight Productions wrote:

I really wonder if this was voted 2 starts because of the quality, or because of everyone bias against Creationism and the Bible.

No, it wasn't that (I'm a christian myself). I think some of the downsides were the so-so animation, the light flicker, and the bible part seamed a bit thrown in there and didn't fit in my opinion.

I'm going to try and delete the light flicker using your brilliant tutorial. mini/tongue

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Re: The Hidden "Article"

Harborlight Productions wrote:
END films wrote:
Harborlight Productions wrote:

I really wonder if this was voted 2 starts because of the quality, or because of everyone bias against Creationism and the Bible.

No, it wasn't that (I'm a christian myself). I think some of the downsides were the so-so animation, the light flicker, and the bible part seamed a bit thrown in there and didn't fit in my opinion.

I'm going to try and delete the light flicker using your brilliant tutorial. mini/tongue

I wasn't trying to promote that. mini/lol

Re: The Hidden "Article"

END films wrote:
Harborlight Productions wrote:
END films wrote:

No, it wasn't that (I'm a christian myself). I think some of the downsides were the so-so animation, the light flicker, and the bible part seamed a bit thrown in there and didn't fit in my opinion.

I'm going to try and delete the light flicker using your brilliant tutorial. mini/tongue

I wasn't trying to promote that. mini/lol


I know. mini/bigsmile  But its was pretty good. The one problem is, is that the de-flickering kind of changes the lighting.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Re: The Hidden "Article"

I enjoyed this film. I personally like a bit more story development in films, but I understand that there is not too much you can do in this time frame. The cinematography was good. I like how you kept the camera close to the action. Having said that, it might be better if you make the movement a little faster and smoother by increasing your framerate in action scenes in the future. The light flicker was definitely an issue, but it was not bad. I generally can look past light flicker since I have trouble with it too. I liked the ambience and dark setting of the film. It is difficult to pull that off, but you did a good job with the low lighting. I would recommend working on how you use music, though. It seemed like the music kept starting and stopping over and over again. Try finding tracks that can be played throughout entire scenes, rather than just cutting them off when the action slows. (Machinimasound and Incompetech are two very good free music providers. Check them out.) I think that the Bible could have been integrated into the story a little bit better, but I thought that you did a decent job of including it. It did seem like it was thrown in at the last minute of production. (I don't know if that was the case.) It would be nice to see some more complex set designs in the future, but the ones in this film worked fine. The big problem I had with this film was the antagonists' outfits. Using Roman soldiers and a Samurai all at once did not seem to fit. They are from different countries and continents after all. I would recommend using more consistent costumes for antagonists in the future, if that makes sense. All in all, I thought this was a good film. There is room to improve, but there are no major issues with this film. Good luck in the future!

MSEP

Re: The Hidden "Article"

I liked it, but I agree with pretty much everything MySnailEatsPizza said.

Re: The Hidden "Article"

MySnailEatsPizza wrote:

I enjoyed this film. I personally like a bit more story development in films, but I understand that there is not too much you can do in this time frame. The cinematography was good. I like how you kept the camera close to the action. Having said that, it might be better if you make the movement a little faster and smoother by increasing your framerate in action scenes in the future. The light flicker was definitely an issue, but it was not bad. I generally can look past light flicker since I have trouble with it too. I liked the ambience and dark setting of the film. It is difficult to pull that off, but you did a good job with the low lighting. I would recommend working on how you use music, though. It seemed like the music kept starting and stopping over and over again. Try finding tracks that can be played throughout entire scenes, rather than just cutting them off when the action slows. (Machinimasound and Incompetech are two very good free music providers. Check them out.) I think that the Bible could have been integrated into the story a little bit better, but I thought that you did a decent job of including it. It did seem like it was thrown in at the last minute of production. (I don't know if that was the case.) It would be nice to see some more complex set designs in the future, but the ones in this film worked fine. The big problem I had with this film was the antagonists' outfits. Using Roman soldiers and a Samurai all at once did not seem to fit. They are from different countries and continents after all. I would recommend using more consistent costumes for antagonists in the future, if that makes sense. All in all, I thought this was a good film. There is room to improve, but there are no major issues with this film. Good luck in the future!

Yeah. The only thing I really tried to pull off decently was my cinematography. Yes I didn't really have time to search for hours to find a soundtrack since I had a deadline. (The event got canceled anyways.)

Lol yes. I just threw on whatever I had for Lego outfits. And my sets where bad. . . mini/tongue

When I have more time I can definitely make a better movie, this wasn't nearly the best I could do. Thanks for you input! mini/bigsmile

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Re: The Hidden "Article"

Just a quick notice to everyone who watches this.

This is not the best I can do. mini/smile  You know what I mean if you had only one night and half a day to make a movie for an event. . .ugh. mini/tongue It got canceled anyway.

Thanks for you comments and ratings. mini/bigsmile Stay tuned for another short film this month. It will be way better than this! mini/bigsmile

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Re: The Hidden "Article"

I liked it. Besides the lighting and sets. Id say your animation could use a lot more easing in and out and your voice acting could use a bit of work.

But definitely keep on animating and making films.

God is good. Jesus Christ is lord. I believe.
http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz336/Kaleb_Barkman/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-05%20at%209.11.27%20PM_zpsxqllqodb.png
Me on Youtube

Re: The Hidden "Article"

osomstudios wrote:

I liked it. Besides the lighting and sets. Id say your animation could use a lot more easing in and out and your voice acting could use a bit of work.

But definitely keep on animating and making films.

Yes! I actually discovered that technique after I made this video, the movements for my next videos should be better.
Yeah, the voice acting was rushed and thrown in, I didn't have a script for this one.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."