Topic: The Bloking Dead : Episode 1

Directory Link

The Bloking Dead : Episode 1

The Blocking Dead Episode 1

"Welcome My Friends"

Andrew awakes in a hospital to find out things in the world have changed.

Part 1 of 6.

Re: The Bloking Dead : Episode 1

This isn't a brickfilm - it's just a slideshow of some Lego pictures with some (not very well done) voice acting.

No, seriously. That isn't a framerate joke, it's LITERALLY a slideshow.

signature

WoutStopmotion wrote:

This isn't a brickfilm - it's just a slideshow of some Lego pictures with some (not very well done) voice acting.

He's right...

Also, the intro was really, well, off...

Spoiler (click to read)

The "ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE" part.

P.S. If Connor was supposed to represent Carl Grimes, the voice actor should have been a bit more, ehhhhhh... I'm not sure. It just didn't work.

Last edited by LASF (May 26, 2014 (12:08pm))

WoutStopmotion wrote:

He's right, y'know. For that reason, I kinda' don't know how to comment on this. I found the posterised frames a little odd, and the choice of voices didn't particularly fit either.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

LASF wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

The "ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE" part.

Spoiler (click to read)

ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBE- ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBE- ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBE- ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZO- random unfitting scene with a person gaming with a creeper head on

I'm just going to say that although "Brickfilm" is generally defined as a film made with Legos, that would rather mean a stopmotion animation than a slideshow. Also, hence that this is Bricks In Motion, not Bricks In Stills.

signature

WoutStopmotion wrote:

Also, hence that this is Bricks In Motion, not Bricks In Stills.

Well, in some parts the stills were in motion, so..... mini/tongue

I don't think this is technically a brickfilm, but it still looks like it had a lot of work put into at, so good job! I think a lot of people have pointed out the big problem with this, which is the voice acting. Some of the effects were pretty bad too (mainly the hachet throw and the part were he leans out to look in the hallway. One thing, however, that I think you did a good job with, were the sets.

I think it might be more rewarding to put this amount of effort into just animating something instead next time. mini/smile

no more brickfilming *sad face*.