Topic: Animation Contest (world cup football)

Hello everyone!,
There is an animation (stop motion) contest on-going and you can win €250 to spend on lego products.
The contest ends on 13 july, and I found out that this started a month ago. But I just saw it, so sorry if any of you haven't got time to make it. I also might participate, but I need 1 green baseplate more to make a football field.

There are 2 contest, 1 is to make your own WorldCup minifigure (price 50 euro), and the other one is to make a stop motion animation (about the world cup) and it has to be atleast 2 minutes long. You can find more information on the site!

Anyway, the original website is in dutch, but they also translated it in English
Main website:
http://wcminifigures.com/

Contest link:
http://wcminifigures.com/contest/

I hope everyone can participate and make awesome brickfilms!
Good luck everyone!!~~

Last edited by ShingekiNoKyojin (July 8, 2014 (05:49am))

Re: Animation Contest (world cup football)

Yeah, I don't think I can make something by July 13th.

http://www.cxpulp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&d=1279678499
The new KB Videos coming soon.

Kieren Barnett wrote:

Yeah, I don't think I can make something by July 13th.

Too bad :c

I have half of an idea. I'm make something on the weekend.

Half my battle's done anyway. I feel like a cheater though, as I have been working on a World Cup animation the past few weeks!

Slurping Animations wrote:

Half my battle's done anyway. I feel like a cheater though, as I have been working on a World Cup animation the past few weeks!

It's fine because this contest started previous month.

Does the film have to feature soccer. Can it be characters talking about it?

funmiproductions wrote:

Does the film have to feature soccer. Can it be characters talking about it?

No it doesn't have to feature soccer. Yes it can also be characters talking about it IF it is atleast 2 minutes long.
Also, if you don't have soccer players, you can be creative and use your "self-made team". ^_^

This will be a great challenge. Many soldiers will perish and a lot of caffeine will be comsumed, but I will enter. Since I basically have 5 days to make an animation, I could make a new contest OHAC! (The one-hundered twenty hour animation contest):lol:

Some Lego, Some Lego, my kingdom for some Lego.

Talipoli Studios wrote:

This will be a great challenge. Many soldiers will perish and a lot of caffeine will be comsumed, but I will enter. Since I basically have 5 days to make an animation, I could make a new contest OHAC! (The one-hundered twenty hour animation contest):lol:

Hahaha I wish you good luck!

I think I'll make a film about a German chainsaw murderer slaughtering Brazilian people in their own homes.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Ha, forgot that Europeans use a comma instead of a period when doing their numbers.
So instead of 250 Euros, I subconsciously added another zero and saw 250,000 Euros. mini/lol

Still, may try to enter. Five days though, may have to cut things a bit close.
If I do, that means that once BRAWL is done, I would have filmed four shorts in thirty-one days. Wow...

brickelodeon wrote:

I think I'll make a film about a German chainsaw murderer slaughtering Brazilian people in their own homes.

No point - most Brazilians have already died in their homes, in front of the TV.

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

Oh No... I am going to get killed. If Pritchard Studios and Slurping Animations enter, I stand no chance. Hopefully I dramatically improve my animation skills...and voice acting...and fix my light flicker problem...and get a ton of LEGO for my sets, which I don't have... and manage to animate perfectly for a 2 minute film... in effectively two days, I might have a ten-percent chance in winning.

Hey, I ain't. Working too much to make the deadline. mini/madhead
Plus most of my green baseplates are tied up in another set.

But even then, there's always a chance. I still enter THAC, even though I continually rank below folks and begin knowing I'm not going to win. The point is winning, yes, but also the experience and that the wonderful rush that comes form participating. Also, it's great practice and wonderful motivation to work under pressure for a contest, and nothing hones your skills quite like something along these lines. So by all means enter.

I thought I would never have enough time to animate two minutes in 3 days, but today I managed to reach a total animation time of 2 minutes 32 seconds. Most of it is pretty bad, but there are some moments of glory. I really hope I win.

Talipoli Studios wrote:

I thought I would never have enough time to animate two minutes in 3 days, but today I managed to reach a total animation time of 2 minutes 32 seconds. Most of it is pretty bad, but there are some moments of glory. I really hope I win.

Great!~ Let me know when it is uploaded

Here's the link for the video:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KOH7xJmGItY . It is in a low quality so I will upload a better version later.

That's actually pretty funny. Good job.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Thanks brickelodeon.