Topic: Stalker: mirror of conscience EXPLANATION; NOT UPDATES

IMPORTANT!!! Project updates are moved to the following page: http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/po … 2/#p345872

If you are new to the project and want to read an explanation instead, keep reading.

Ever heard of "Stalker", the movie directed by Andrej Tarkovskij? Or of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., the videogame series? Or even of Boris and Arkadij Strugacky's "Roadside Picnic" book? If not, here i'll explain that.

http://i.imgur.com/Y3adzr6.jpg

The stalker franchise is set in an unprecised future where strange objects impacted on Earth, and their impact point spanned around in so called Zones, where strange things happen, and dangerous things spawn.
After the people living in the Zone misteriously vanished, authorities locked up the Zone and guards make sure nobody enters. Only the so-called Stalkers are enough experienced to enter there and to steal alien objects they find there, obviously for money.

This is the setting of the Stalker series. Invented when the Strugacky brothers actually wrote down the book, and expanded with Tarkovsky (who also directed Solaris) with the movie in a more deep way.
My idea is simply to add stories to the universe, in brickfilms.
Stalker: mirror of conscience follows a Stalker and a Philantropist that are in search of a mirror that shows a person's true, deep soul's aspect. I don't spoil anything more.

Here i'll be posting updates to the production.

Last edited by LegoStudiosP (May 2, 2015 (11:45am))

Re: Stalker: mirror of conscience EXPLANATION; NOT UPDATES

Began writing the script, reached aproximately half of the movie.

The premise sounds interesting, are these going to be short films that add on to the pre-existing storyline?

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]

Edmeier Animator wrote:

The premise sounds interesting, are these going to be short films that add on to the pre-existing storyline?

It's an attempt to add the Stalker frachise to the brickfilm world, by doing stories that are set in the world described, and are based-off the book and the movie. I personally plan on making a trilogy of movies: Stalker: Mirror of Consience; Stalker: Alienation Zone; and a yet untitled movie.
Also these won't be short at all: the first movie seems to taking a lenght of min. 10 minutes, maybe even 20. Simply can't make a short story
The idea is similar to what people do when brickfilm an untold star wars story that could be canonical. Tell me if you don't understand something...

I also want to update that I've finished writing the script, and found a voice actor for the stalker: Sebastian Scopa, my best frienda who already voice acted in car-stories

Last edited by LegoStudiosP (July 29, 2014 (09:58am))

Next update, started filming some scenes. I wont't give out a release date until i'm halfway work.
Another friend of mine is possibly entering the production team as visual effects supervisor, who's taking the more impegnative Visual effects.
The movie also does have a title logo, I will publish it soon.

It's "conscience", not "consience" -- would hate to see a good film spoilt by a dodgy title...

jahnocli wrote:

It's "conscience", not "consience" -- would hate to see a good film spoilt by a dodgy title...

Look, i'm not english or american, im hungarian. Either ways saying that means you actually like the project right. :P

Last edited by LegoStudiosP (August 2, 2014 (09:13am))

Created the movie poster, will post it as soon as i understand how to upload images (Yes I know)
Also learning about progressive rock; as in Tarkovskij's movie we sometime have scenes with progressive rock-like backround music.
For who doesn't knows what is progressive rock, it's a sub-genre of rock/classical rock with electronic instruments that is a lttle more "valuable" we can say than heavy rock. The Pink Floyd played progressive rock E.G.

Filmed 2 minutes of the movie. Just as in Tarkovskij's masterpiece, scenes out of the zone will have a more faded, tan-turned colour, using filters. Aproximately the whole movie could be 15-20 minutes long.

Another scene is filmed, having now the movie average 3 minutes long, with 3 scenes of 12 done, and started working on filming of scene 4.
Some scenes are longer than the others. That depends on the action, the dialogues in the scene. Obviously, don't want to spoil the plot, and give out more details than the ones written above.

After a pause, due to an initial work and a later canceling of an entry for the BiM contest "celebration, i'm now back on to this movie.
So... Yeah, i go on filming and building scenes

I had another break due to school, now this is going on very slowly, and had no real ongoing with the production. Looking forward to film some more complicated scenes, with bigger sets and longer sequences.

Another long brickfilm project.  I'm excited to see Walter Benson's film when I have the time, and now this one.  Keep on truckin'!

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

Another long brickfilm project.  I'm excited to see Walter Benson's film when I have the time, and now this one.  Keep on truckin'!

Thanks! Unfortunately it will take me pretty much time to be able to release this mini/confused

i keep posting tuff even thoug nobody cares, showing off this project is somehow active. I've shot a very important scene of the film, and modified some previous VFX that weren't enough good to me before.

LegoStudiosP wrote:

i keep posting tuff even thoug nobody cares

I do keep checking out your thread as you post, but if you want people to get to interested post some pictures behind the scenes photos and fames from the animation can help generate a bit of excitement.  Production threads without any pictures are kind of disappointing for me.

Another issue is the info you do post is just saying if you have worked on the project or if something got in the way, you aren't talking about any challenges you've run into or any actual info about the project,  you don't have to spell the whole story out bt each update should have something besides weather or not you worked on it.

SlothPaladin wrote:
LegoStudiosP wrote:

i keep posting tuff even thoug nobody cares

I do keep checking out your thread as you post, but if you want people to get to interested post some pictures behind the scenes photos and fames from the animation can help generate a bit of excitement.

Another issue is the info you do post is just saying if you have worked on the project or if something got in the way, you aren't talking about any challenges you've run into or any actual info about the project.

uh, you're right! thanks for the advice, just I have a slight problem with uploading images, I always forget that, but will start doing that too mini/wink

As SlothPaladin suggested, I'm posting a few production photos about the movie.
I start from a feature that actually is slightly a post-production related thing, that is the filtering of some scenes.
Just as in Tarkovskij's masterpiece here too scenes outside the zone are filtered in a slight, between Tan and black and white colour. I show you this here:
http://i.imgur.com/G7IRHUx.jpg
The original, unfiltered version of the shot. You also could see that I tried to keep the highest quality of the picture possible.
http://i.imgur.com/sbPqDWm.jpg
The filtered version of the same scene, not the same shot, sorry, filtering is something I do with the complete video after having put the frames together. You see both it's resemblance with the atmosphere we have in Tarkovskyij's movie beginning scenes, and that it gives actually a more night-like atmosphere (the scene is set at Dawn). Unfortunately the quality of the picture is not as accurate as the unfiltered one, that's inevitable when using filters.
I'll be using filters later too, to give some special effects of darker night, but won't show any other filtered, finished "product".

This scene is also the first one I've shot, so let me show you some more photos related to it.http://i.imgur.com/xsR1iqB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TD96wzN.jpg Unfortunately I used movie shots for that,  it came to mind later to take photos with my mobile from different perspectives.
http://i.imgur.com/56Yngbu.jpg
This, the only production photo of the scene, shows the amount of detail that single wall has, in an attempt to give a post-apoc. look to all the locations of the movie.
Also I'd like to remind that I updated the main topic with the logo. mini/wink

This looks like an interesting project. I'd never heard of the Stalker franchise, but this has piqued my interest and I may just give it a look.

showing a sign of life.
Project has been on pause for some time, due to the need of building a greenscreen. Still not completed.
I've decided to try on and voice over some scenes.