Topic: Collectable Minifigures Series 12

I thought there was a thread for Collectable Minifigs kicking around here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it so I've just decided to post a new topic.

Anyway, it seems that Series 12 has now been revealed, apparently to come out this October:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3883/14759928194_21f2655e4e_z.jpg

It seems that the price rise brought on by the Simpsons/LEGO movie minifigs is here to stay. mini/madhead

Personally, while a few look interesting, this series seems to be following the trend of re-hashing previous minifig designs.  The lifeguard is basically the Series 2 Surfer Dude and female lifeguard; we've already had multiple rock stars and barbarians.  The wizard is pretty cool, but there are loads of LEGO wizards as is and the hat re-design isn't really necessary.  The same goes for the Jester, although I'm loving the Joker card (that will definitely come in handy).  I'm not a huge fan of the hyper-detailed new pizza, I much prefer the classic look.  I do like the look of the "hunter" (game ranger?) although it's pretty close to the recent Dino designs.  Overall, the only truly unique-looking minifig in this series that stands out to me is the Japanese-ghost-spirit-thing-whachamacallit (I'm kinda surprised LEGO would actually make this).

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (July 31, 2014 (08:17am))

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Re: Collectable Minifigures Series 12

A bunch of these are minifigures that star in the new LEGO Minifigures Online game. The gamer up in the top left is basically your guide through the whole game, where you meet the Joker, Wizard, and Greek Goddess.
Personally, I really like the Joker, especially his face and the cards. He is probably the only minifigure I really like, though, which is kind of disappointing.

What price increase? Are they $4 now? mini/frustrated

I must buy that Grayscale woman minifigure.  She would be perfect for a slightly creepy brickfilm.

Last edited by BrickTective Productions (July 31, 2014 (08:52am))

Lovin' the new Hun Warrior and Prospector! Easily army build the Hun's quite a bit!

I'm going to spend so much money on these. I really want so many of them! Can't wait to add Athene to my collection of Greek mythology minifigs.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

I love the pigsuit guy. That could make a funny brickfilm...

I really like the wizard and the goth girl.
I don't much fancy the rest of the lot, but the those look pretty great.

Hmm, just noticed the Wizard's cape and Jester's Ace of Spades cards.  Also it seems the Wizard has one of the new shorter 3L bars in black or dark brown.  All of those things make those two 'figs a lot more useful.  The Gamer and Space Guy (sci-fi miner?) look pretty neat too.  Some of the others, though, are just weird to me--I mean, what possible use is there for a pig suit guy?

I actually wish LEGO would start re-releasing some series.  I missed out on quite a few from Series 5 onward, I'd really like another chance to get some...

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

A bunch of these are minifigures that star in the new LEGO Minifigures Online game. The gamer up in the top left is basically your guide through the whole game, where you meet the Joker, Wizard, and Greek Goddess.

Ah yes, that would make sense.  I haven't heard anything about the Minifigures game in ages now--is it in beta testing?  To be honest, LEGO Universe is still a bit of a sore spot for me.  I wish LEGO would have just continued with LU instead of suddenly deciding to shut it down (and not giving F2P a proper chance) and then abruptly announcing a new game a few months later... and I'd have much rather see a minifig series based off LU characters, rather than a MMO based off of the Collectible Minifigs theme.

What price increase? Are they $4 now? mini/frustrated

Apparently, yes.  Or £2.50 if you live in the UK.  Pretty annoying, especially since the plastic seems a lot cheaper than normal LEGO sets.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Turn the greyscale woman's head around and she's Mrs. Slender Man.
I dream of Jeanie...
And Johnny Ramone?!

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

FlyingMinifig wrote:

Pretty annoying, especially since the plastic seems a lot cheaper than normal LEGO sets.

I've noticed that the collectable minifigures aren't always as good for animating. Regardless, I like the prospector guy, and the grey scale girl, and I see comedy potential in whatever the guy with the gold foil is going to be, but the rest are a bit underwhelming, and definitely feel like rehashes. I think they need to stick with the themes like The LEGO Movie and The Simpsons; they're clearly running out of ideas for the generic ones.

I like the sci-fi miner and the scary Japanese Grudge lady mini/lol

No more Simpsons themes.  More regular minifigures!  And there are PLENTY of ideas.  There should be a ballerina!  Why isn't there one yet?  And the pig suit guy is perfect for re-creating with Lego that episode of King of the Hill... Actually, in my opinion that was an awful episode.  But I can envisioning Melissa from my own series envisioning somebody as a male chauvinist pig, and a real quick cut to the character in her imagination in the pig suit!

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."