Topic: LEGO Batman - The Joker's Happy Hammer

Directory Link

LEGO Batman - The Jokers Happy Hammer

LEGO Batman - The Joker's Happy Hammer

It's only a hammer. Why does it make the Joker so happy?

Last edited by SeanDoubleJ (August 23, 2014 (08:06am))

Re: LEGO Batman - The Joker's Happy Hammer

The animation was smooth, but the execution of the comedy wasn't really done all that well. The pace was far to slow, the whole short should have been compressed into about half the length. There was far to much of the characters staring at each other. Also, the punch line didn't have enough punch. This kind if comedy is successful by catching the viewer off guard, but everything happened so slowly that I was able to see everything that was going to happen and had plenty of time to process it. In the future when making shorts like this, speed up the pace and see what happens, I think it will make things a lot funnier. mini/smile

Yeah, at first the comedy appears to go really slowly, but further analysis reveals (perhaps) that it was done on purpose. And once you realize that, the true craftiness of the short comes out.

It's a parody of the '60's Batman, and as such it takes things into a different tone and feel that does in fact work.
So it's funny, and I'll agree that the punchline failed, but the build-up itself was good.

The animation is a bit choppy at times, but the set is good, although the main set is better than the two computer stations. (But again, the design seems to support the tone and feel of the short, so it's deliberately not so great.)

While, yes, a little slow paced, I still found it funny. The whole thing was pretty good, but there was one thing that kinda bugged me. The Joker's voice. The acting was good, but it didn't have that "Joker' feel to it. A slightly higher pitch along with a couple giggles probably would have sold it. Still, wasn't bad.

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Yeah, at first the comedy appears to go really slowly, but further analysis reveals (perhaps) that it was done on purpose. And once you realize that, the true craftiness of the short comes out.

It's a parody of the '60's Batman, and as such it takes things into a different tone and feel that does in fact work.
So it's funny, and I'll agree that the punchline failed, but the build-up itself was good.

The animation is a bit choppy at times, but the set is good, although the main set is better than the two computer stations. (But again, the design seems to support the tone and feel of the short, so it's deliberately not so great.)

I was definitely trying to go for the feel of the 60's Batman. The minifig's color scheme pretty much matches Adam West's Batman costume.