DarkDragon

Music
"Code Monkey" by
Jonathan Coulton

Music licensed by
Johnathan Coulton
via Creative Commons
creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/

Last edited by darkdragon (September 8, 2014 (02:34pm))

Re: Code Monkey Music Video

The animation was decent, and the song was okay. But what really stood out to me was your incredible set. I was also pleased with the lack of light flicker, a common issue with newer (and more experienced) brickfilmers. My tip would be to keep practicing your animation, and maybe make something original in the future. Also, you should probably buy yourself some real minifigures.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Brickelodeon wrote:

Also, you should probably buy yourself some real minifigures.

But that's what made it original! I loved the use of the lesser-seen figures, and of the normal fig to represent weight gain (they sure do look plump compared to the Friends figs).

The animation was simple, but it managed it in a way that was charming; the monkey's two-frame exaggerated walk made me smile. It's clear that you are a MOCer as the set was phenomenal! It's nice to see as the MOC and brickfilm communties seem to rarely overlap. Keep it up as with time and an original idea, you could have something special on your hands.

Thanks for the comments! I'm glad you guys liked it. It was originally done for a LEGO Friends contest and went over well, though it was the only video entry (all other entries were MOCs). I had a lot of fun with it even though I didn't have the time to do the full 4 minute song, hopefully I captured the gist of it all. With my beginner skills, a full 4 minutes probably would have been grating on the viewer anyway mini/lol

Brickelodeon wrote:

Just for that, I might make my next one pure Friends minidolls. mini/tongue

Brickelodeon wrote:

Keep it up as with time and an original idea, you could have something special on your hands.

I have some ideas in the works and am working on a short screenplay for one. I decided to use music videos for practice with animation since it takes something off my plate (writing, sound, music) to let me focus on building, shooting, and editing.

darkdragon wrote:
Brickelodeon wrote:

Just for that, I might make my next one pure Friends minidolls. mini/tongue

Ha, ha, you should do it, these guys need there boundary pushed now and then mini/smile

DarkDragon! mini/bigsmile

I remember when you released this back in 2012. Nice to see you here on BiM!

And I agree with SlothPaladin, you should do another one of these with Friends or Fabuland minidolls. mini/smile

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Hey Walter mini/bigsmile

I thought I joined here over a year ago but apparently I didn't. mini/confused Now I have though!  Glad to be here.

*cough* It's Fabuland figures not minidolls mini/tongue Only Friends has minidolls, silly.

Yeah I originally meant it the other way around. Whoops! mini/lol

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png