Re: THAC XII - Coming January 2015!

Great group of judges for such a esteemed contest.  I am feeling as optimistic about THAC XII as I am about Star Wars VII. mini/smile

I have no idea yet whether or not I'll be able to enter, either way I enjoy being around during THAC.  So much excitement! 
And I do think that not ranking the places below 10th is a good idea, it'll just work out better.

I am definitely planning on entering.  I hope I can make a better entry than the last two THACs I've been part of.

Right on! Hopefully all works out well and I can participate in this.

Unfortunately won't be able to enter, once again; although I may be able to join the chat during the day. Oh well, good luck to everyone who enters! mini/wink

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

This will be my first THAC! Sounds like a lot of fun (and sleep deprivation and stress).

Dyland wrote:

Personally, I enjoyed the (for lack of a better term) "kick in the face" of getting 64th place in THAC X, my first THAC entry. It really inspired me to expand and improve, and, after several contests, my rising (or declining) placement would have clued me in on what I was doing right, or wrong, each time.

Remember that previously, all the films below the top 20 were rated by only one person (in THAC X it was me, and THAC 11 it was Lucas). We used a rather unscientific method of placing one film next to another, asking "Is this better than the one above it?" and moving that film up the list until the answer was "No". It was highly subjective because I really strongly favour creativity and story over technical qualities, and I'm sure Lucas has his biases too. The reason for having a complete list was just for the fun of being able to say "My film came XXth!" and not to provide serious feedback.

The drama that came with such detailed results put a real dampener on the otherwise celebratory attitude of the biggest event in the brickfilming calendar, and it got to the point where I was questioning whether to throw out the 'contest' part completely. Part of me will miss the video descriptions proudly stating "I placed 52nd!", but this change is definitely for the best. This contest isn't about being competitive.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

im thinking about entering, thats kind of an inopportune time for me because of college portfolio deadlines + my filming laptop is busted, but im gonna see if i can do it \m/

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I'm hoping I'll finally be able to enter this year, I think the date finally works out for me. I animated for the first time in a few months today, and it was a little rough. I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things for THAC.

I will definitely be entering mini/bigsmile

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/8957456571_f23867aeec_o.jpg
PITCH Part 1 Out Now!
Part 2 Coming Soon

I'm really glad that the mod element rules have been changed to the BRAWL style of things.  The old THAC style was really rough.

Whilst I still feel that I'd would curl up and die if I actually attempted to do a THAC, I'm still excited.  I personally am unsure if I would even feel brave enough to attempt it (see above)--aside from which, I want to work on several projects that I've wanted to start ages ago but haven't been able to until now so I don't know if I could spare the time.  Then again, I didn't think I would be able to ever do BRAWL (I only decided to enter last-minute), and I ended up making my longest and best film yet, so I'm not writing it off completely.  Still, only time will tell.  In the meantime, I look forward to seeing all of the amazing brickfilms that will come of this!

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Might do it...

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

FlyingMinifig wrote:

Whilst I still feel that I'd would curl up and die if I actually attempted to do a THAC, I'm still excited.  I personally am unsure if I would even feel brave enough to attempt it (see above)--aside from which, I want to work on several projects that I've wanted to start ages ago but haven't been able to until now so I don't know if I could spare the time.  Then again, I didn't think I would be able to ever do BRAWL (I only decided to enter last-minute), and I ended up making my longest and best film yet, so I'm not writing it off completely.  Still, only time will tell.  In the meantime, I look forward to seeing all of the amazing brickfilms that will come of this!

You could try something like a simple 30 second film, something simpler that only takes up the waking hours of the day.  I still might do that maybe.  It would cut down on my horrid render upload time.

Squid wrote:
FlyingMinifig wrote:

You could try something like a simple 30 second film, something simpler that only takes up the waking hours of the day.  I still might do that maybe.  It would cut down on my horrid render upload time.

Yeah, THAC I feel is only stressful if you really try and get long and complicated with your film. Doing a short 30 second film won't kill you. You might not get in the top 10, depending on what you actually do, but you can still brag that you made a film in 24 hours.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

mini/sunnies  sounds cool, will be entering

Sonjira wrote:
Squid wrote:
FlyingMinifig wrote:

Yeah, THAC I feel is only stressful if you really try and get long and complicated with your film. Doing a short 30 second film won't kill you. You might not get in the top 10, depending on what you actually do, but you can still brag that you made a film in 24 hours.

True.  Though, I'm not a particularly huge fan of making 30-second shorts.  Plus, I'm not sure I'd be personally satisfied with making something like that if I knew I could do something better.  Still, I don't know--I'll (hopefully) be in the midst of animating my other film then so I'll have stuff set up and be all warmed up animation-wise.  If I get a good idea I might be tempted to enter, I'll have to see when the grand day itself dawns.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

FlyingMinifig wrote:

True.  Though, I'm not a particularly huge fan of making 30-second shorts.  Plus, I'm not sure I'd be personally satisfied with making something like that if I knew I could do something better.  Still, I don't know--I'll (hopefully) be in the midst of animating my other film then so I'll have stuff set up and be all warmed up animation-wise.  If I get a good idea I might be tempted to enter, I'll have to see when the grand day itself dawns.

Hey, even if you're not satisfied with it, it's still a great learning experience. You don't even have to publish it after the contest if you don't want to. Keep it unlisted. I'm going to be entering THAC this year with no previous THAC experience, and no I don't think I'll win or even place well, but it'll be a great learning experience and I'm going to have fun doing it. mini/bigsmile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:
FlyingMinifig wrote:

Hey, even if you're not satisfied with it, it's still a great learning experience. You don't even have to publish it after the contest if you don't want to. Keep it unlisted. I'm going to be entering THAC this year with no previous THAC experience, and no I don't think I'll win or even place well, but it'll be a great learning experience and I'm going to have fun doing it. mini/bigsmile

I'm right there with ya, rioforce. That's how I did BRAWL earlier this year. 33rd out of 40 entries, but it was fun and definitely an experience. THAC's going to be much more challenging, but I'm optimistic.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/thatsfinestudios
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thatsfinestudios

"Always, and I mean always, keep the instruction books!"

First year I will be entering THAC! Hope it goes better than my BRAWL entry....I never did finish that thing.

Moderator note: please do not use signatures larger than 400x100px.

>okay...