Topic: THAC XII Preparation Animation

I made this animation test today to prepare for THAC. Some of it is just crazy, and some of it isn't my best, because I was lazy about it, but I promise I will do better tomorrow. mini/wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmx_Q8KRvPo

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Re: THAC XII Preparation Animation

That's a pretty good test montage.  I really like your lighting and style of late.  It feel a nice classic LEGO feel to it, and yet in a fresh, crisp quality.

Only big issue I see here is the hero pulling out his sword.  In the first frame where the sword appears, Exeter's sword can be seen on the other side of him, and that's weird because it's just there and then it's gone.  Preferably, when I minifigure pulls up an item from his or her inventory, I try to make sure that once the item is actually placed on set as little of it is seen as possible in the first frame, and absolutely none of it is seen on the other side of the arm that's pulling it out.
Sometimes, though, the object isn't a very good size for that, however, I usually just mask the item on the other side, which usually only requires one frame or so of quick masking.
I did this in How to Not Rob a Bank for when Johnnybob pulls out Biggles the Monkey, as Biggles is a comparatively large object in terms of the size of stuff minifigures usually pull out of their imaginary pockets.

That was super, rioforce! I espcially liked the philosophical questions test. mini/lol

Your animation looks great, as does your lighting. I'm looking forward to see what you produce for THAC! Keep up the good work!

Squid wrote:

Only big issue I see here is the hero pulling out his sword.  In the first frame where the sword appears, Exeter's sword can be seen on the other side of him, and that's weird because it's just there and then it's gone.  Preferably, when I minifigure pulls up an item from his or her inventory, I try to make sure that once the item is actually placed on set as little of it is seen as possible in the first frame, and absolutely none of it is seen on the other side of the arm that's pulling it out.
Sometimes, though, the object isn't a very good size for that, however, I usually just mask the item on the other side, which usually only requires one frame or so of quick masking.
I did this in How to Not Rob a Bank for when Johnnybob pulls out Biggles the Monkey, as Biggles is a comparatively large object in terms of the size of stuff minifigures usually pull out of their imaginary pockets.

Thanks for the tip! I didn't even think about masking it. I tried to hide it behind his back, but it didn't work too well. I'll have to do that next time I make someone pull something from behind their back. mini/smile

Willow Tree wrote:

That was super, rioforce! I espcially liked the philosophical questions test. mini/lol

Haha, I'm glad you liked it. When animating it, I wasn't really sure what I was even doing, then I dropped the tree while I took the frame and that happened. mini/tongue

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b