Topic: what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots

hey guys its been a while

i was making a new jeffrey and the old man lego movie, it was called
jeffrey and the old man in: they make some robots

i was really excited about it, it was gonna be a 2 parter and i was pretty secretive about it, only people i told were my voice actors and like 2 people in the skype group... i kind of wanted it to be something like a farewell lego movie or something

i was working pretty hard on it, but then i got accepted into csssa animation again and i spent my summer at calarts making animations and i won one of 3 herb alpert scholarships for the animation department (there's 50 students who are allowed to come and participate in the animation program, there are 3 students in each department who recieve a scholarship, i was one of them for animation). when i got home i started working on it again, but then school started and i wasnt able to again

come november, i finally have time during thanksgiving break to work on this again, and i do and i make a lot of progress

but then, on december 3rd.... my computer dies and i lose everything i had worked on... which was a lot of stuff

i managed to recover some of the stuff i had done, but mostly just stuff that i had done earlier on.

heres a little compilation video of all of the stuff i was able to recover

this is not a lot of what i actually was able to finish, there was a lot more sadly..

max butcher voiced old man, guss griswold voiced jeffery but none of the stuff where jeffrey talks was recovered mini/sad

part 1 was the only part in production, max and guss both voiced for only part 1... part 2 was being written and i was extremely proud of it, but it wasnt recovered

heres a bad synopsis of part 1:
old man makes a bunch of robots who turn on him and destroy jeffrey's body and fly away, old man rebuilds jeffrey into a sexy new man, they go on an adventure to find the robots, old man discovers the miracle of creating life and the true significance of the creatures he has created and is abducted by the god of their universe

part 2 would have been that the god of their universe dies and old man takes its place, old man would have destroyed earth and built a new planet with jeffrey by his side, their collective minds creating a horrifying clusterhell of a planet

i was really proud of it as a film and i wish i could have completed it, but thats the way it goes

heres a playlist of previous jeffries and the old man

sorry that this thread is so long

Last edited by Just Kidden (January 7, 2015 (09:46pm))

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Re: what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots

Wow, that sounds epic, JK. It's a dang shame you were unable to finish it. But, I will be expecting much more greatness from you once you become a famous animator/cartoonist in five or so years.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Just Kidden:

I saw ROBOTS in the topic and had to look!  And I read your post.  I am so, so sorry about the loss of your files.  I know you lost a lobor of your love and I am glad that you were able to recover part of the film for our enjoyment.  The other thing I read was, "Farewell video".  Are you leaving us?  If you intend to, please don't!  Even if you stop the brickfilming, I think I'm speaking on everyone's behalf that we'd love your continued presence here.

In the video, Max Butcher does a hilarious job as the old man!  I had to watch it a few times.  I'm happy to have him in my upcoming release.  May favorite part was the robot's awakening (except for the music, which I loved everywhere else in the film.)  The action-themed lego figure was refreshing to see, and I loved the hair whipping.  good use of claymation, too.  Though the face is fixed, the old man seems very expressive!  Again, so sorry we won't get to see the finished project... at least for now.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

The other thing I read was, "Farewell video".  Are you leaving us?  If you intend to, please don't!  Even if you stop the brickfilming, I think I'm speaking on everyone's behalf that we'd love your continued presence here.

it's really hard  for me to find the time and energy to continue brickfilming, especially with art school applications and school, and since my computer can't really handle anything like it right now because its rly flimsy and slow, but i really would love to continue brickfilming because its something i really enjoy doing... i think time will tell honestly. ive been trying to hang out around here more often though... this would have been my farewell brickfilm but since it eneded up being such a failure i want to do something else, since brickfilming has been such a big part of my life

maybe i'll end up being able to finish this, we'll see mini/sad

Really bummed that you lost a lot of the footage. The footage you did have looked very enticing though.

However like Mickey said, I too will be looking forward to seeing your work when you become a famous animator! mini/smile

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

I BELIEVE IN YOU JK.

Man, sexy new body is right. It's a real shame you lost the footage; I love Jeffery and the Old Man. You had another Jeffery and the Old Man project in the works a while ago that had a really funny story involving a southern doppelganger of the Old Man. What happened to that?

backyardlegos wrote:

Man, sexy new body is right. It's a real shame you lost the footage; I love Jeffery and the Old Man. You had another Jeffery and the Old Man project in the works a while ago that had a really funny story involving a southern doppelganger of the Old Man. What happened to that?

haha yeah that was an attempt to create some kind of series with an ongoing storyline with the characters... i ended up, like always, not having the time to do it.. there were so many scripts i wrote for them, but most of them were so complicated and long lmao

thank you everyone!!