Topic: Onorno

Directory Link

Onorno

HQ DivX
LQ DivX
WMV
YouTube
Film page

Onorno is probably my "deepest" film to date. By that I mean it has both story, a plot AND a moral. As far as I am aware, Onorno is the only film that has it.

It was also made in under 24 hours, for the first THAC (Twenty-four Hours Animation Contest). I had a lot of fun making this.

Re: Onorno

One of the best brickfilms. Ever.

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

HEE HEE!!! mini/jaw YOU WAS ON THE NEWS ONE TIME RIGHT?!?! mini/bigsmile Op het jeugdjournaal ofzo?! mini/lol
Toen lieten ze dit filmpje zien?!?! mini/bigsmile

-GS

I'm a bonehead.. But not in making movies! mini/wink

Technically not perfect, but it was a pleasure to watch.

ブリックフィルマー

GoofySkull wrote:

HEE HEE!!! mini/jaw YOU WAS ON THE NEWS ONE TIME RIGHT?!?! mini/bigsmile Op het jeugdjournaal ofzo?! mini/lol
Toen lieten ze dit filmpje zien?!?! mini/bigsmile

-GS

I was on 4 In 't Land a couple of years ago, yes. It was a lot of fun. mini/smile

Ja? Waar? Wanneer?
Leuk filmpje.

-Donsalvatore

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

Op RTL 4, ergens in April 2006. Hier staat het op de website.

Funny, simple, good.
Great job!

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Heee, nice

Happy THACing mini/sunnies

BertL wrote:

Op RTL 4, ergens in April 2006. Hier staat het op de website.

HA! Da's grappig.
Nice, little movie. I lol'd quite a few times.

-Donsalvatore

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

I remember seeing this a while ago. I thought it was really good.
I lahked it.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

This was cool inventive. You really should make another one; this was quite some time ago.

After reading some humorous but very honest credits you will enter a scene which will soon unfold into a breakdown of society. Bert presents the characters a simple yet ambiguous sign. I won't say what this sign says as it is still disputed. The characters quickly form an opinion on what the sign says and they have a back and forward argument which goes nowhere.

You can choose to view this film as a simple sketch exploiting the misunderstandings of these characters though on closer examination it appears to be an allegory on the of modern politics. Both sides standing on one end of the enigmatic sign. Both sides can dispute the evidence of the other using there beliefs as evidence. There is no way out of this ceaseless debate.

In Bert's fictional society he portrays society completely split over opinions on the sign. Protesters converge on the scene. The problem only appears to escalate. Then when hope seems lost a tribally painted man appears and he presents an alternative opinion to the signs meaning. Both sides seem to agree with this analysis and the protests stop.

What does this mean though? I believe that Bert wishes to show us that both sides have dug themselves into a hole. They were passionate for disputing the others claims yet they were not passionate for their beliefs themselves.
I think Bert has portrayed both sides as animals fighting for the sake of fighting.

When they realise there is no end to their fight they don't wish to end their fight by admitting they were wrong or agreeing to disagree they simply cannot appear weak. When this tribally painted man turns up both parties seem too willing to accept his interpretation on the sign. Not because they agree with the man but because this would feel like a draw to the conflict where there is no winners or losers. They were both wrong.

So overall this is a cunning allegory of modern times. One must commend Bert for creating an enjoyable film in so little time. Keep up the good work!

Dammit RP, right a better review >:0

http://i.imgur.com/kmwjd.png
[10]]

Aww thanks mini/smile

This was pretty awesome.

to me that was and instant classic.
all of your films are. really mini/smile

Even though I noticed some mistakes,
this is one of the best Brickfilms ever.

Splodge wrote:

to me that was and instant classic.
all of your films are. really mini/smile

Sleuth5000 wrote:

Even though I noticed some mistakes,
this is one of the best Brickfilms ever.

Gee guys, thanks. It means a lot to me.

The most Epic thing I have ever seen in my life. I mean, I cant think of what to say about it. I could type untill my hands fall off about how awesome it is, yet I cant actually put my finger on what makes it so awesome. All I can say is that whoever does not rate this movie 5 Bricks is stupid.

This Brickfilm makes me wish 'Da Europeans' was finished.....

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They