Topic: The Mystic Dwarf

Directory Link

The Mystic Dwarf

The YouTube

Warning: Contains pun

Here is a quick animation I made over two days. (Yesterday and today) I hope you like it.

This was also my first attempt (and a successful one) at uploading in 4k resolution.

"...just take stuff apart.  Be heartless, do not develop feelings for these sets..." -Squid
YouTube
My standards: Philippians 4:8

Re: The Mystic Dwarf

Nice short film. And I do mean short! I wish there would have been a bit more to the story instead of a simple animated pun. It felt extremely cut short, like it's a part of a larger work.

Despite that, I really liked the explosion animation. The brick-built effects were great. It must be nice to have extra orange bricks around. EDIT: Just noticed that you used a red light to make the yellow bricks orange. Some things could have used some more easing, like when the guy closed the jail door (although, that could have been intentionally non-eased movement. It worked, but just a tiny little bit of easing would have helped the effect).

Keep up the good work, though! I look forward to see more of your brickfilms. mini/smile

Last edited by rioforce (February 19, 2015 (11:05am))

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Re: The Mystic Dwarf

@Rioforce, I actually did use orange bricks in the explosion animation. The light just made them look yellow. mini/smile I do agree on the extreme shortness of this video. Basically, I wanted to animate an explosion and decided to connect the pun to it.
I am currently working on a longer video.

"...just take stuff apart.  Be heartless, do not develop feelings for these sets..." -Squid
YouTube
My standards: Philippians 4:8