Topic: Announcing the Brickfilms Wiki!

http://i.imgur.com/7RZW88P.png

After months of preparation, I am pleased to announce the Brickfilms Wiki. Thanks to the fantastic work of sillypenta and BoatsAreRockable, and the assistance of rockydude411, dewfilms, Squash, AquaMorph and Rioforce, we're proud to present a community wiki designed to catalog notable brickfilms and brickfilmers.

The Brickfilms Wiki is open to all to edit and contribute, but, like all wikis, contributors must follow our Code of Conduct and Formatting Guidelines. Not every kind of page will be accepted, and the wiki core team (myself, Penta and Boats) will be keeping an eye on the wiki to make sure the wiki retains its high standards.

Thanks to the hard work of our contributors, the wiki already nearly has 250 pages! We still have hundreds of pages to add - in fact our task will be unending, as more noteworthy brickfilms are made and new brickfilmers join the hobby.

To be clear, this wiki is focused on cataloging, in order of importance: brickfilms, brickfilmers, brickfilm contests/festivals, and brickfilm websites. Priority is given to older brickfilms in danger of being lost or forgotten. The Brickfilms Wiki is NOT for tutorials, guides, or "brickfilm canon." Tutorials and guides will eventually become a part of the redesigned Bricks in Motion site.

The Brickfilms Wiki is technically not affiliated or associated with Bricks in Motion, but as it is run by Bricks in Motion members and moderators, it will certainly share close ties with Bricks in Motion. However, the Brickfilms Wiki's goal is to reach beyond Bricks in Motion and be a resource for all brickfilms communities, including sites like Brick a Brack.

The look of the wiki is essentially solidified, but we are always tweaking designs and modifying templates to improve everyone's experience. If you have suggestions for the wiki, feel free to post! Also, if you have questions, ask!

Re: Announcing the Brickfilms Wiki!

YAAA. I think it's awesome! Thanks to everyone who helped put their time and effort into this!

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

It's out! Nice job everyone!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Glad to see that we are finally going public with this.

Awesome! Glad to see the Wiki finally being published!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I applaude all who have worked on this.

I'm....................................... A brickfilming noob.

I'm very happy to see the wiki announced. Among other things, I hope it can help people discover some of the older classic films, as every film has a Watch Now link. A good place to start looking around would be the contest pages (though it's all still very much a work-in-progress and we're only as far as 2004 for the big, official contests). The wiki isn't only for the older stuff, though!

Big thanks to BoatsAreRockable who does an immense amount of behind-the-scenes work and makes everything not suck. He created templates to follow so it shouldn't be too hard if somebody new to the wiki wants to contribute a page. If you want to know more about how everything works, I recommend using Source Editor (found within Classic Editor) and looking at the source code. I make all my new pages by copying the source code over from another page and changing the details. Also, please make sure to include references! It is a huge priority on any wiki.

I was going to ask if there were any members of the foreign-language communities who would be willing to help us fill in those areas, but I see we are already receiving fantastic contributions from Aiwha! Thank you very much, Aiwha! Now I wonder if we could get somebody from BrickBoard; that would be excellent. I think it is important to stress that this is not just the Bricks in Motion wiki and encourages covering all areas of brickfilming.

sillypenta wrote:

I was going to ask if there were any members of the foreign-language communities who would be willing to help us fill in those areas, but I see we are already receiving fantastic contributions from Aiwha! Thank you very much, Aiwha! Now I wonder if we could get somebody from BrickBoard; that would be excellent. I think it is important to stress that this is not just the Bricks in Motion wiki and encourages covering all areas of brickfilming.

You're welcome!
This is a good concept and it can help a lot of people, I'll do what I can to provide informations about the French community and French brickfilms.
I was surprised and pleased to see that there is a very good page about the 8*8*8 contest, good work!

I still think the community members page is a little weird, though. There's only one person, which seems odd to me, but hey, it's not my wiki mini/tongue

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

@Gentry_Studios I agree it is a section we should either expand or remove, especially considering Joseph Frank has made brickfilms. Also the wiki should not been seen as being 'owned' by us, it is a democratic community project.
--

If anyone has any general questions about the wiki, how to do something on it, or what they can do, I would recommend visiting the wiki's dedicated forum, here.

The most important thing I would like to stress about this wiki is to be bold (Wikipedia has a similar thing). If something doesn't look right, go ahead and change it - don't ask if you can! We don't mind if you sometimes don't edit something in quite the right way, forget a template or occasionally make a typo. As long as you edit in 'good faith' and follow the wiki's policies, myself and I'm sure the other wiki editors are very, very willing to help you out.

It takes us seconds to revert edits if anything goes wrong. So go for it!

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

BrickFilms WIKI!!!
It's a BRICKI!
Or bwiki. Not really sure which.

Last edited by nswihart (February 25, 2015 (09:23pm))

http://orig13.deviantart.net/3968/f/2017/197/d/c/faaf_logo_4_1_by_orignl_ninja_knight-dbglsld.png

This is fantastic!

Moved an have no room to animate, but I do have a Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/84070766@N07/ My friends and I have been composing a Comic Series: http://cosmosquestcomic.com