Topic: LEGO Jurassic Park

Directory Link

LEGO Jurassic Park

YouTube

Your favorite scenes of Jurassic Park recreated in LEGO.

Re: LEGO Jurassic Park

I think my inner child just went nuts over the sight of all those Lego dinosaurs (and Jurassic Park).
Nice job, thanks for sharing. mini/smile

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Wow!  That turned out fantastic!  I love the T-rex.

Hum, I'm kinda conflicted on this one.
Were I to sum it up in one phrase it would be that the sum of the parts far exceeded the whole.

It just couldn't pick what it wanted to be. Was it like the Star Wars in two minutes shorts, was it just supposed to be a loving tribute via recreating various scenes, or was it more in the vein of the HISHE shorts? It felt like it was trying for all three, but didn't nail any of them.

Also, by the end, I loved many of the technical aspects, but was left wondering one simple thing: "Why?"
Every video has a story, every story has a point. But I couldn't figure this one out, and I think that stemmed from the fact that it didn't know either. Things happened too quickly for a scene recreation, too slowly for a here's the story in X minutes film, and didn't have enough jokes/deviations to be a funny parody, yet too many to be a strict recreation. It didn't tell an original story, nor did it poke holes in the original, nor did it quite feel like the point was to simply retell the original.

But enough of that. It's probably just me over thinking things like usual.

I was quite impressed with your great sets and animation of the dinosaurs, as well as the nice lighting and framing.
I tried to animate a dragon....Once. It failed. But you've managed to bring a lot of movement and life to many of the less jointed designs, as well as those with a bit more complexity and difficulty involved.

Seeing so many different designs, reflecting Lego dinos from as far back as 2001, brought even more nostalgia in. It also did a great job reflecting the variety of dinos on in the park. There was a lot of effort put into making this look really nice and pay homage to the original scenes, and that shines out beautifully. Again, individual elements looked great, and several scenes stood out as being especially impressive, but the arrangement of the story felt rushed and each scene felt very compressed.

Lots of fun visuals and impressive sets! Nice work.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Congratulations on all the attention this has been getting around the net!

Did you do anything to reach out to blogs or media outlets in order to bring this kind of exposure about? If so, could you elaborate a little on what that process consisted of? Or did you just post the video on your channel and watch what happens?

My bad!

Last edited by Gentry Studios (March 24, 2015 (06:53pm))

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

Gentry Studios wrote:

Think ur talking about the matrix vid, Sméagol.

I'm not. This video has reached a lot further in terms of media coverage.

Yes! To be honest I have never watched Jurrasic Park before. It was delightful to see your film though.
The DNA guy was one of my favourite parts along with everything else.
From the video game trailer lego made, http://youtu.be/wsCO_h8qVpQ it looks very similar to yours.

The first time I watched it, I was very disappointed that it had very little views, considering it was a Jurassic Park. Now it is making its way towards the millions, keep it up.

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

There are a lot of impressive shots here.  Too much post production camera movement for my taste, but all the same there are a lot of cool things here.

Is it really 100,000 dollars worth of LEGO though?  I find that somewhat doubtful.  100,000 is a whole lot of money.

Dinosahrs!

This was a lot of fun to be a part of, the the final product turned out great! The visuals and sets were stunning, and you captured a unique tone to this film - it is all at once a parody and a homage, and the LEGO aesthetic is able to influence it without being cloying. Some of the animation sequences were also really impressive - I can't imagine making the T-Rex move as well as it did was easy at all, haha.

Thanks guys for all the positive reviews.  Zach from MindGame and I were joking around during ERB and Battle of the Brick Flicks he was doing a hilarious Jeff Goldblum impression that made me crack up all the time.  I've always loved JP so with the help of all my friends we made a beautiful and funny film.  The reason that it's so successful is bc of timing. 

@Phil  When we met during the BIM doc you saw how outgoing I am.  I sent the vids to all my friends, co-workers, and blogs, it got 2000 shares off of a FB post.   I'm an Editor in LA and have done a lot of viral videos (Fat girl tinder video, the Michelle Trainor All about that Base no Rebels star wars parody) and helped Forrestfire with ERB.  What I learned from Forrest is that you have to make something so amazing people have to share it, they WANT to share it. 

So how do you do that with LEGO?  I have a big collection so does Damon, James, Garrett and Brian.  So we pooled every brick, we had to build sets no one has seen, that's appealing in a huge epic way. We have a motion control rig to create smooth movements, we do a very time intensive process with lip sync to plus we have an insanely talented cast.

Everyone on the cast and crew loves JP and I believe it shows.  This has been an amazing opportunity to teach my daughter Hailee some new skills, collaborate with very talented people and do something we love doing.  I am grateful for all the positive press and support.

Thanks everyone who watched, shared and commented.