Topic: Use the Force (Easter 2015 Entry)

Directory Link

Use the Force (Easter 2015 Entry)

Use the Force (Easter 2015 entry)

Not all goes to plan when using the force!

Re: Use the Force (Easter 2015 Entry)

Pretty good!
Was that real chocolate on the set?

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

Re: Use the Force (Easter 2015 Entry)

Kd2000 wrote:

Pretty good!
Was that real chocolate on the set?

Nah, plasticine mini/lol

Re: Use the Force (Easter 2015 Entry)

That was pretty cool, I really love the look of it. the only real inpropvment would have been to get different sounding voice actors possibly, but I know how rushed stuff like this gets and I know I also ended up voicing my own film to even though it didn't work out as well, just because the time seemed a bit close and I had a lot of it already edited.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Re: Use the Force (Easter 2015 Entry)

osomstudios wrote:

That was pretty cool, I really love the look of it. the only real inpropvment would have been to get different sounding voice actors possibly, but I know how rushed stuff like this gets and I know I also ended up voicing my own film to even though it didn't work out as well, just because the time seemed a bit close and I had a lot of it already edited.

Yes, this was a problem when making it, so I decided to voice both characters; which went terribly wrong, as Luke's voice changes in his second line. If I am honest, doing audio is my weakest point in animation.

Re: Use the Force (Easter 2015 Entry)

Hehe, that was funny. I like to see Yoda devourer a chocolate egg mini/tongue

The animation was smooth and the floating egg was very impressive. Good work, Slurping. mini/smile

YouTubeTwitterInstagram
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Re: Use the Force (Easter 2015 Entry)

rioforce wrote:

Hehe, that was funny. I like to see Yoda devourer a chocolate egg mini/tongue

The animation was smooth and the floating egg was very impressive. Good work, Slurping. mini/smile

Thank you very much! mini/smile

Re: Use the Force (Easter 2015 Entry)

This was a fun short! I liked it. mini/bigsmile
Also I think it was cool how you animated the egg floating and being unwrapped. mini/cat

Re: Use the Force (Easter 2015 Entry)

AJVfilms wrote:

This was a fun short! I liked it. mini/bigsmile
Also I think it was cool how you animated the egg floating and being unwrapped. mini/cat

Ah thanks! It was lifted with a metal wire and plasticine connected to the tree, but the animation was rushed, and that was why the egg bobbed around a bit.

Re: Use the Force (Easter 2015 Entry)

What? A yellow faced, basic looking Luke in the same short as a hideously overdetailed Yoda?
Not so much your problem, as it shows the recent trends towards action figure-y-ness that has begun to plague the Star Wars line. #needlessAFOLranting

Hmmm, now where were we...

You did a great job integrating the clay and chocolate in with the plastic figures, and watching Yoda's eyes double in size makes the whole thing worth the otherwise disturbing face. There was a bit of light flicker, but the animation is good, and the unwrapping clip was pulled off very well. It seems minifigures eating real life chocolate eggs has become a regular occurrence in the EASTER contests, and it's always interesting how different animators put a different twist on it.

Re: Use the Force (Easter 2015 Entry)

Not bad, the animation was a bit choppy, and I do have to agree with the others on the audio. But, a good job, overall!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?