Topic: A Legionaries Tale

Directory Link

A Legionaries Tale

Youtube

The Easter story from the eyes of a roman legionary.

YouTube | Twitter | Brick à Brack | Discord @ Undershadow#9982
   -- If a frame were worth a dollar, I'd be a millionaire by now --

Re: A Legionaries Tale

I like the different viewpoint you present in this video, very unique.  You also had that water fall, which I thought was a nice detail.  Your sets were also nice.  The only one that seemed a bit off was pilate's palace with the straight red walls.  Keep up the good work!

Nice work, Undershadow! I like how the story was told from an alternate perspective. I think the ending was a little cut short, but it still worked out. I really like the water animation in the beginning. Great work. mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

A Legionary's Tale takes a courageous leap into innovative and creative story telling. Upon watching this film, I was intrigued and delighted by the idea of telling the story of the famed Jesus from the point of view of an ordinary Roman legionary. The narration has life to it and works fittingly alongside the soundtrack. Also, while the narration is comprised of seriousness, it also contains well-written humor. For example, "unfortunately, my conrad isn't much for conversing. I suppose that's why I'm talking to a horse."

Through and through, the animation is a pleasure to watch. A few bits of animation, in particular, that I think are really effective are the waterfall, the horse gallop, and the rolling away of the boulder. I am also taken by the camera work. Namely, when the camera pans across boulder in front of the tomb and the overhead, bird's-eye view shot looking down at the crowd of people next to the palm tree. Camera movement and camera angles can be difficult as they add an extra element of animation and you have to work them into, sometimes compact, sets. Finally, the reveal of Jesus at the end was pulled off extremely well. Did you use a flashlight?

Nice job, Undershadow Productions!

now this was refreshing. A good story (new idea - different viewpoint in your case) is the most important element - and you have it covered. Waterfall was nice, too.
Suggestion for improvement: at one point you have the guy talking and the flower in the background is moving between the frames as you bump it while handling the figure. Try to take all unnecessary elements from the vicinity of the figures to prevent that, or check that only what is supposed to move is moving.

This is what I think to be the very first video about the Resurrection from a Roman Soldier's point of view. I really like how you accomplished this with adding some humor. 

The water animation was good, though at some time it did seem repetitive because the impact was the same every time. But that's not really a big deal. I also liked your wide angle shots of the crowd, that was nice.

Your animation was good, it could use some polishing up in a few places, but you are definitely improving. I would also recommend that you take an in between frame for the walk cycle. It seems to fast. An extra frame will definitely slow things down and make it look more realistic, even though it may be harder to do, I recommend it. Probably the most obvious thing here is that the voice actor for the soldier didn't have a deep enough voice. I guess that may be because you didn't have someone to act for you, or you were rushed. Though it seems that Jesus had a deep voice, so I guess it was your choice.

But besides those few things, I really liked it! Great job Undershadow!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."