Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Cuddly

Directory Link

The Good, the Bad, and the Cuddly

Youtube

This is my entry into the EASTER contest, posted kinda late. 

Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Cuddly

I totally don't get it. But I haven't seen the original film either.

The rabbit animation was nice, though not long. Very interesting floor, the round 1x1's gave the set a little bit of a more detailed look that was nice. And even though the set was small, you did the background well enough to give it a much bigger feel.

You had a few camera bumps and a little light flicker, but not enough to distract from the films main focus.

Good luck with the contest!

The Good, the Bad, and the Cuddly brings a new style to the western genre of brickfilms. I find this film both hilarious and, should I say, cuddly.

Firstly, the allusion to Sergio Leone's The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is awesome. There was a significant amount of suspense built up amongst the rabbits, so when the ending occurred, I was delightfully caught off guard. The animation of the rabbits combined with the bouncing sound effects makes for a lively, imaginative animal. Also, the cowboy hats are a nice touch.

While the film works with the soundtrack, I can't help but wonder if it would have benefitted more without the soundtrack, entirely, and replaced with a more extensive sound design. For example, the sound of wind blowing, the sound of a red-tailed hawk in the distance, or the sound of a rattle snake. This is a just a suggestion as the film remains very enjoyable just the way it is.

Great little film, Greenshirt! Happy, belated, Easter!

This really comes off as the start of a longer short. It has a slower build-up, and seems to be gearing up for some long drawn-out epic, only to end unexpectedly, and in a way that takes several views to catch.

I like the slower approach, and you did a great job with getting the atmosphere and setting ready, but then kinda ran out of time. The set looks fantastic, with the tans, grays and browns showing off the western feel, and giving the ground some great texture and life. The builds of each bunny give then all a unique character and personality that hop right out of the screen.

The ending is unexpected, and it's hard to see what's going on since so much happens and then it's all over.
I hate to say it, but I think cutting down the opening a bit to explain more on the end may have been an advisable move.