Topic: 70409 Shipwreck Defense

Directory Link

70409 Shipwreck Defense

YouTube
facebook

Stop Motion review of Lego Pirates 70409 Shipwreck Defense

Re: 70409 Shipwreck Defense

Another nice tutorial, Bricks Planet! I really like your style, as I said on your previous review. Personally, I did not like the digital zooms you used in the end, I feel like in-camera zooms or pans would have worked better, but overall, I really liked it. mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Well, I'm not sure it counts as a "film" in the most traditional sense, but there's some nice work here.  The quick-build and walk cycles are nicely animated and quite fun to watch.

However, I feel this falls awkwardly between being a "review" and a "brickfilm".  The backdrop/surrounding set is nicely built, but it makes it difficult to tell what comes with the set you're reviewing and what you've added from your own collection.  I also have to echo Rioforce in saying that the digital zooms look quite awkward and out of place, especially since you animated the previous part so nicely.  I have nothing against quickbuilds or reviews, but it looks as though you're trying to make both a film and a review, and the end result ends up being a bit of an awkward mash-up of both, in my opinion, with neither being especially strong.

Still, some nice work here.  You're a good animator, and I can't wait to see what you'll make next!

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Mr Vertigo wrote:

Well, I'm not sure it counts as a "film" in the most traditional sense, but there's some nice work here.  The quick-build and walk cycles are nicely animated and quite fun to watch.

However, I feel this falls awkwardly between being a "review" and a "brickfilm".  The backdrop/surrounding set is nicely built, but it makes it difficult to tell what comes with the set you're reviewing and what you've added from your own collection.  I also have to echo Rioforce in saying that the digital zooms look quite awkward and out of place, especially since you animated the previous part so nicely.  I have nothing against quickbuilds or reviews, but it looks as though you're trying to make both a film and a review, and the end result ends up being a bit of an awkward mash-up of both, in my opinion, with neither being especially strong.

Still, some nice work here.  You're a good animator, and I can't wait to see what you'll make next!

Thank you very much to take your time and give sincere opinion! Probably you have right. It's not 100% review but it's not the brickfilm. Maybe it's just some stop motion building. But after all I like what I do. When I started, I made one video just for fun and since one year I'm still evoluating and it' become something like that. I love make stop motion contruction piece by piece but I think that is a little boring so I started to put some minifigs animations. I like that my videos are one of a kind. And I don't want to change it. However it's interesting what you tell me about the digital zooms. I thought that's really cool. I wanted to show more details and made it more dynamic. What you propose instead ?