Topic: LEGO Break Time

Directory Link

LEGO Break Time

LEGO EPIC break time fail (stop-motion)

My 1st ever completed Brick film. Please give me any advice and opinions.

Re: LEGO Break Time

Welcome to Bricks In Motion!
Introduce yourself here
Well done for completing your first brickfilm. It is very good for a first.
Of course, we all have our flaws when we do our first animation. Your camera and set is a bit shaky (we call them set bumps), it's best to keep the camera, set and stationary props stable as much as possible so the audience's could focus on the what you want them to see. The focus changes very often, getting to know your camera better can help.
It's good to see you animating a frame rate that's not very low, keep it up. Doing more subtle movements can help so the transition to look smoother, it's hard to see the difference at first but it'll help.
There's quite likely an option in your software called "onion skin". It help you see how much you moved your set and figures and it will also help you bring your set to the position you the frame it was before. "Onion skin" is very helpful for people who suffers from bumping their sets too much.
Another flaw is light flickers, I suffer from it too, the best thing to do is to not allow any natural light into your set (eg. sun and moon reflection) and wear dark clothes to absorb the light and not reflect it.
Improve each thing one by one, fixing all of them at once could be a bit stressful.
If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask one in the forums.
Good luck, have fun animating.

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

Yes I noticed the light flicker too.. I will be working on everything you mentioned once step at a time. Care to expand on "onion skin"?? I'm not to familiar with that term. Thanks for checking out my video, I really really appreciate it!!

Onion skin is hard for me to explain so I'm just going to quote a website.
"...This is where the onion skinning functionality comes in handy. Using it, you can mix the live image with previously taken frames, thus seeing how the live feed compares with the previous frames. Changing the "onion skin level", you will apply different grades of transparency to the live image."
Source: http://stop-motion-animator.software.informer.com
Here's an image I found on Google images: http://www.ikitmovie.com/uploads/editor/Onionskinning.jpg

If you still have trouble understanding you can search up "Onion skin Stop motion" on a search engine.

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1