Topic: Saved

Directory Link

Saved

Youtube

A young man struggles with a haunting nightmare about a town square, a sniper, and a man who could save him.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Re: Saved

This was absolutely awesome.

Your lighting, animation, music, and the story is all great- that was a very nice allegory.

A few critiques I have are a few of the camera cuts and blurring choices during the talk with the psychologist. I felt the voice for the boy could have been a bit deeper, but overall that didn't effect my enjoyment.

I love this, keep it up Osom!

Last edited by Harborlight (April 15, 2015 (11:31am))

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

The lighting and animation was great. I loved the camera movements, some shots were awkwardly placed though. The story was pretty good. I felt like the main voice actor was too young and some of the writing was a bit awkward. But overall t was a pretty good film, I'm excited for your future projects.

Very well done! I love the overall message too!

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

That was great!
I really liked the story, and the animation was great.

Spoiler (click to read)

One thing that wasn't that great in my opinion can be found in many other brickfilms, the blood didn't really look much like the real thing. I find that trans-red 1x1 round plates are better for this purpose, but this is a minor problem. (I also liked the ending that came after the credits.)

Keep up the good work!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/341/32154997096_f26d8af45e_o.jpg

Wow, this was a very good film! Surprisingly touching! The editing and cinematography were great as well!

My gosh Osom, you've improved so much in the past few years. This brickfilm is superbly well done and very inspiring for me personally. You definitely nailed that mystical atmosphere which I completely love. Super glad this is done and released! I'll definitely be giving this a good amount of views in the next few weeks!

I just watched this now.  I do have to say that I thought the sound quality and levels were inconsistent.  For instance, Gunshots are loud but the gunshots were mixed much louder than the rest of the audio.  I didn't care for some of the camera blurring and other movements, but I see what you were going for, and you are commended for making bold decisions.

The most important thing IMO, is the story.  When it comes to the story, it was one of the best I've seen in a while.  It was dramatic.  The tone was effectively conveyed.  The pacing was perfect.  The Christian allegory was apparent.  Where it counts you did a great job.  Keep it up.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Thanks so much, everyone!

Harbourlight, thanks a ton for the encouragement and helpful critiques. I'm trying to improve my technical qualities but glad you enjoyed the film. Which blurs did you think could be improved? Looking forward to your next films!

Rockydude411, thanks. Thankfully, the main voice actor is getting older every year:). I totally agree about the shots-- I've learned a lot since I started this project.

Rafael9522, thanks a ton!

bataton, thanks! And thanks for the advice, I didn't think of that. I actually threw in the blood as I was animating cause I thought it would make the story clearer.

UnKnownBrickFilms, thanks a ton!

GHB, thanks a ton for the encouragement and looking forward to the extra views! thanks! Looking forward to your next film.

HoldingOurOwn, thanks a ton for the audio advice. I'll try to keep that in mind next time. and thanks for the encouragement!

Thanks a ton for taking the time to comment and give me helpful critics. It really helps. A big thank you go's to my composer, This film would not be what it is without the amazing sound track.

Thanks a ton
Osomstudios

My Youtube

This is very impressive work; well done! Great camera work and lighting, and I liked that you had a layer of background buildings outdoors. One shot that stood out to me was at 1:45; it looks quite unusual for a brickfilm and really seemed large. I agree that the voice sounded a bit young, but the actual acting was very good. I also thought it was kind of strange that in a serious film, you named the doctor Dr. Dre. Oh well, that's a nitpick. I really enjoyed the film and will look out for what you make next.

osomstudios wrote:

Which blurs did you think could be improved? Looking forward to your next films!

Well there was one in the middle of the conversation with the doctor. It seemed out of place because the conversation was not over. But that's only a tiny nitpick. I still love it regardless.

And thank you! mini/smile

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Congratulations on finally finished Saved!

I liked the film, the story was great, and the animation was nice. I really like the camera work you did, that was fantastic. I did find a couple things that I thought were out of place or unrealistic

Spoiler (click to read)

like the chipmunk-talking guy (I still don't know what he was saying), and the blood coming out of the arm (why would it come out of his arm like that if he landed on his head then back?)

But that doesn't take away from the film at all, those were just my little critiques. mini/wink I look forward to seeing what you do in the future. mini/smile

Last edited by rioforce (April 17, 2015 (12:52pm))

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

sillypenta wrote:

This is very impressive work; well done! Great camera work and lighting, and I liked that you had a layer of background buildings outdoors. One shot that stood out to me was at 1:45; it looks quite unusual for a brickfilm and really seemed large. I agree that the voice sounded a bit young, but the actual acting was very good. I also thought it was kind of strange that in a serious film, you named the doctor Dr. Dre. Oh well, that's a nitpick. I really enjoyed the film and will look out for what you make next.

Thanks so much, Im really glad you enjoyed it. I know I really have to get out of the habit of making strange puns in serious films. I'll try to keep that in mind next time.

Harborlight wrote:
osomstudios wrote:

Which blurs did you think could be improved? Looking forward to your next films!

Well there was one in the middle of the conversation with the doctor. It seemed out of place because the conversation was not over. But that's only a tiny nitpick. I still love it regardless.

And thank you! mini/smile

Thanks, is that the one were it focuses on the boys hand?

rioforce wrote:

Congratulations on finally finished Saved!

I liked the film, the story was great, and the animation was nice. I really like the camera work you did, that was fantastic. I did find a couple things that I thought were out of place or unrealistic

Spoiler (click to read)

like the chipmunk-talking guy (I still don't know what he was saying), and the blood coming out of the arm (why would it come out of his arm like that if he landed on his head then back?)

But that doesn't take away from the film at all, those were just my little critiques. mini/wink I look forward to seeing what you do in the future. mini/smile

Thanks so much, The chipmunk talking guy was originally going to be a comedic break, but again I should probably stop making stupid jokes in serious films, Thanks for pointing out that arm thing I actually never noticed that. Also thanks for helping me with the colour correction that really helped.

I'll try to keep these things in mind next time, Thanks so much guys for taking the time to comment.
OsomStudios

My Youtube

Just in case any ones interested heres a behind the scenes video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAtzVcS … e=youtu.be
If you want to hear me explaining some stuff and talking about some of the shots in a chipmunk voice, you can watch this version........................... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st1UtUuA … e=youtu.be

My Youtube