Directory Link

Matthew 16:13-20

Youtube

Re-Dubbed Version

Based on Matthew 16:13-20
A short I made for fun.

Music from Machinimasound.com
Music Fields of Green by Per Kiilstofte

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

Re: Matthew 16:13-20

I really liked the lighting and the set.  It's rather interesting to see a non-LEGO setting for the figures.  It's also great how this lets you avoid the limitations of walking on studs.

Thanks Squid! Oh man I know, animating on clay is a lot easier then normal lego studs. Plus animating on the clay is a lot of fun. mini/blankexpression

Last edited by BlackSmithFilms (May 17, 2015 (07:25pm))

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

Yeah, another Bible-based film!

While the animation could use a bit more easing, it's not bad by any means. And the motions you choose match well with the voice acting and dialog. (Although the voice actor for Jesus probably should have been more familiar with that last line.)

The set is, as has been said elsewhere, great. It has a much more natural feel that anything brick-built, and the arrangement is perfect for the large group. It feels spacious, but not too big. Although a closer look reveals a lot of pet hairs appearing and/or moving around. mini/tongue

It sounds like you've stuck pretty close to the Biblical text, thanks for that.
Shows respect for the source material, something that we haven't seen much of lately in cinema.
Keep it up, and God bless.

Thanks Pritchard for the advice! Sorry about all of the hairs on the set. My foliage I bought is really dirty and is mixed with dirt and things like hair so its really hard to animate with it. I did the last line for Jesus without actually looking how bad it was oops!  God bless you too Pritchard!

Last edited by BlackSmithFilms (May 17, 2015 (07:25pm))

I'm glad to see another Bible based movie, especially on these verses. There pretty good!

I don't have anything really to add to what the others have said, only that the voice actor for Jesus could have been a bit older. I always imagine Jesus with a deeper and powerful voice, but that's only what I think.

Technically this is awesome! I love the clay, the animation was pretty smooth, and you pretty much took the dialogue straight from the original text. I praise you for doing that, since we rarely see it anymore.

Keep it up!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

I did Jesus myself, but I'm only sixteen and don't have a very deep and powerful voice.
Would you like for me to have someone else to voice act Jesus, because I don't think it would be very hard to find someone at all.

EDIT: I had my Dad voice act Jesus, hope it sounds better than what I had did.

It said the video was removed...
I'm guessing you're dubbing Jesus's voice with another.

Note: I'll edit this post later when I see it.

EDIT: The set looks very natural and the walk cycle on clay was also good.

Last edited by Kd2000 (May 18, 2015 (10:42pm))

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

Awesome!
This brickfilm is great in so many ways! The set, characters, and animation are superb. (I like the flesh-colored minifigs)
After watching the Dinner at the black gate brickfilm I knew that you are a brickfilmer that I should follow, and you have proved that I was right.

Keep up the good work!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/341/32154997096_f26d8af45e_o.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement Kd2000, and bataton, I am glad you liked it.

rafael9522 wrote:

I did Jesus myself, but I'm only sixteen and don't have a very deep and powerful voice.
Would you like for me to have someone else to voice act Jesus, because I don't think it would be very hard to find someone at all.

EDIT: I had my Dad voice act Jesus, hope it sounds better than what I had did.

Well I don't suggest it since you already made the short, but if you want to go ahead. I still like this either way.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

I wish you had not removed the first version because I wanted to compare the two; however, I really enjoyed the one using your Dad's voice.  It was fun seeing a different background being used with Lego minifigs, and it was an appropriate choice.  I really enjoyed the animation and the message.  Nice job!

I'm glad you liked it Brick7!

That was really cool, liked it.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

That was beautiful, the cinematography, the actual setting, and the use of non-lego material is what really intrigued me the most, as you weren't limited.

The walking cycle was really well done in my eyes, and the animation was also great. I love the fact people are opening up with brickfilms relating to the Bible and would hope to see more from you in the future.

Great job man, 5/5.

Sincerely,
Divine.

RELEASED! Check out my channel to watch it!
Check out my Youtube Channel New Vid every week: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy5NKN … 7cRn8gsNaw