Topic: Hero Factory Test Footage

Hero Factory Test Footage

Youtube

Terrible Original Version with Dialog

This began as a simple animation test, and then kinda grew a bit from there. There's a tiny bit of sequence to the shots, but nothing much. And honestly any story is conveyed better by the robots moving than by the dialog.

Basically, just came back on summer break for college and was itching to animate something, preferably something big and complex. I been eyeing some of the new Bionicle sets, so when I found these figures while cleaning my room I just had to do something with them.

Also wanted to experiment with some new camera angles and cinematography techniques, as well as hone the ability to convey more visual-based humor. (Thanks to watching Everyframeapainting's videos on Youtube.)

So yeah, hope it's not too terrible.
Guess it is just that terrible. Sorry. mini/frustrated
And this honestly doesn't deserve a spot in "Releases." Not enough story.

Re: Hero Factory Test Footage

First off, I commend you for trying to animate with constraction figures. Personally, I think you pulled it off really well. The way you made the green character's gun fire was pretty cool too. Unfortunately, I couldn't really tell what was going on... at all. It was also a little hard to understand what the characters were saying. Other than that though, I thought it was kinda cool. mini/wink I think I would have enjoyed it more if I knew what was supposed to be happening.

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

The animation is really good, and it looks very nice, but I could not for the life of me tell what was going on. You probably would have been better off leaving the voices out as well, the low quality audio was really distracting. I'm impressed by the animation, though. mini/smile

Well, thanks for being honest....

Not much is happening, just some random stuff.
Whatever I felt like filming, and some half-baked dialogue attempting to justify the actions.
Should've left it as a "test."

I'll see what I can do about those voices, probably will just throw them out.
They seemed to be much better in the editor. mini/frustrated

At least ya'll appreciate the animation. mini/eh

Yea! the animation is completely awesome. I also realy like the lighting/colour correction/camera angles/movments.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

What helps with getting audio loud enough is to make sure your computers audio levels are halfway. With my video is set it at around halfway and compress my audio (always compress your audio). If its still to quiet, try re-recording it louder.

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16