Topic: Musician wanted

I'm looking for someone who can record a bit of music that sounds like part of a well known song without actually having any of the same notes in the same order, so as to avoid copyright problems. It's kind of a funky, bass-heavy thing and I just need the first few bars, preferably not midi-sounding.

Anyone? If you're interested in helping, I'd appreciate a link or two to stuff you've already done, so I can gauge whether the sound is what I'm looking for.

Re: Musician wanted

If you have a mac, you should be able to easily make music on imusic or something like that. Anyway, you can find it in ilife.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Sadly, I don't have a Mac. I have some PC music software but I'm after something quite specific and it's going to be easier to get someone with some musical ability to do it for me than to try and do it myself.

As long as its not overly complicated, I could give it a shot.  Unfortunately, I don't have any samples, but it's a bass I've had a couple weeks.  Send me the music and I'll see what I can do.

I can do it, just send me the music, and i'll try to copy it. mini/smile

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

All depends on what song it is.  Any chance you could link us to it?  If I hear it, I'll be able to give a yes or a no.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/quakefilms/myspace/Brickfilms/whitewallssig.jpg

PMs sent to all interested parties so far.

I've send you a sample with the Thriller Bass line and drums mini/smile

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

I just wrote this really funky thing today with my guitar and bass and recorded it. hit me up.

here's a sample of it http://timboh.brickfilms.com/beats/funksample%201.mp3

Thanks for the offer, Tim, but I think I've got what I need now. I'll give your stuff a listen when I get out of work later though.