Topic: New Story Idea

Tripod here, I'm planning to do my first original brickfilm since Project Eternity. I'm still deciding on whether i want to have it take place in the same world as Dark Bounty (a series i did). Anyways, lemme tell you what the idea IS.

The plot idea is that a Robot is a witness to one of many strings of murders happening in a city. The story is told through the eyes of a detective known as Inspector Leburn, who comes in and tries to understand what the Robot saw, and what he might add to the investigation.

The style is futuristic, but with 80s pop culture thrown in.

I'm going for a working title of The Ghost In You.

Sound interesting?

Teh Tripod has teh extra boost.

I am devoted to proving that the brickfilm art can be just as serious, emotional, and entertaining as anything in the professional film industry.

Re: New Story Idea

Sounds good mini/smile
The futuristic/80s pop culture idea sounds cool. It would be interesting seeing the story through the robot's point of view, it could be confused because it doesn't think like humans, but as the story progresses it learns.
Or not... I dunno. I like your idea

DanimationMovies wrote:

Sounds good mini/smile
The futuristic/80s pop culture idea sounds cool. It would be interesting seeing the story through the robot's point of view, it could be confused because it doesn't think like humans, but as the story progresses it learns.
Or not... I dunno. I like your idea

That is something i'm also exploring

I am devoted to proving that the brickfilm art can be just as serious, emotional, and entertaining as anything in the professional film industry.

Sounds like a good idea, although I'm not sure I get the relevance of 80's pop culture.

Some things to consider: What kind of robot is this witness (Is he compliant? Does he like humans? Do humans like robots?), also your working title makes me think of something like the spirit of the victim going into the robot.

People won't be people when they hear this sound.

Your Idea is very good, are we just watching him, or is he a narrator aswell. I don't know if you've read watchmen but at the top of some pages it'll say: "Roscarch's Journal. October 13th 1985" it would be quite good if he said: "Inspector Leburn's journal. 19th of april 3000".

_2014

I'm still working out ideas, although random parrot's suggestion sounds cool

randomparrot wrote:

"Inspector Leburn's journal. 19th of april 3000".

Might want to bring it back to anywhere from 2050 to 2499.
What kind of Robot will it be? A trash compacter like WALL-E, or a security robot like a moving security camara?

mcoov_studios wrote:
randomparrot wrote:

"Inspector Leburn's journal. 19th of april 3000".

Might want to bring it back to anywhere from 2050 to 2499.
What kind of Robot will it be? A trash compacter like WALL-E, or a security robot like a moving security camara?

I'm initially going for more of an android type robot.

Sounds pretty cool.I love your films so i can't wait. mini/tongue

Last edited by LEGOStudios (January 2, 2009 (12:15pm))

I've taken some time to rework my idea a little.

I've given the Main character the identity of INSPECTOR LAVERNE. The robot (android, actually) is given the name of ZEIT, which is german for a certain word that may give away my plot point to the wiser people out there.

As with my other shorts, I like to choose real film scores aren't exactly immedietly recognizable (like star wars, or harry potter themes), But are good for the mood I'm setting. In this case, I've got a copy of the score from "I know who killed me", which, despite being a crap-tastic film as a whole, does have a delightfully errie sound composed by Joel Mcneely.

I've begun scripting my short, aiming for a 10-15 minute runtime like a couple of my other films.

i like the idea, reminds me a tiny bit of irobot

User formerly known as "LEGO"

It Reminds me of Irobot and Blade Runner, But heck it sounds good, Go for IT!!

I like all your films, and I am sure this will be great. Is Dark Bounty finished though? That was an epic series.