Topic: Lego Frozen - For The First Time In Forever

Directory Link

Lego Frozen - For The First Time In Forever

Link 1

A tribute to Disney's Frozen, sung by Kristen Bell (Anna) and Idina Menzel (Elsa.)

Re: Lego Frozen - For The First Time In Forever

The mouth animation was a little weird looking and the animation could use some work.

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

I thought it was pretty decent, especially considering how ambitious some of your shots were.  As for the lip-sync, it looks like you are using the yellow color to "erase" parts of the minifig's mouth that aren't covered by the drawn on mouth.  If you take two picture of each frame, one with the minifigure's normal face, and one with a blank face, you can then use GIMP or another image editor to remove the default mouth, letting you draw whatever you need without it looking weird.

The Third Arrival is out now!
https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3749/33174196922_0638c7d7e7_n.jpg
--"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken!"

I made this a while back and have since made a couple films in that time. I wasn't very happy with the way the mouth movements came out in this film, and have since changed the way I animate them. Instead of trying to erase the ereas of visible mouth, I now try to cover up the entire mouth, and am still working on the best way to animate the mouths. I'm glad you enjoyed it mini/smile
-William

I have yet to see Frozen but I thought it was pretty good, though as others have mentioned the mouth fx did not look right.
I think it was the coloring that threw it off. I give you credit for trying since mouth animation is pretty hard and time consuming.
Also it's hard for me to word but I'm not sure if it was intentional or it's maybe your camera but the look of the film looked very old.
I say keep it up and hope to see more from you. mini/smile