Topic: BRAWL 2015: Blissful Ignorance

Directory Link

BRAWL 2015: Blissful Ignorance

Youtube

Two agents go to a city to warn the people of an incoming army, but will they be successful?

This was my entry in the BRAWL 2015 stop motion contest on BiM where I had to write, voice, animate, and edit in 7 days! I think it came out good!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Re: BRAWL 2015: Blissful Ignorance

/

Last edited by Noah (May 27, 2017 (12:18pm))

Formerly known as HeliumBrick

Cool I really enjoyed watching it!

YouTube

I'm a Brickfilmer that loves smooth animation and attention to detail.

Awesome film, Harbor! I really enjoyed how your film had a message to it. Unfortunately, it was a bit hard to follow, because we didn't know who the agents were at first, but we did quickly learn they were the good guys. There were a few technical flaws, like audio levels, narrow depth of field, and punching needing more impact, but those can easily be overlooked.

I really enjoyed this. It's very impressive you made this in only one week. Your voice actors did an excellent job, and your building skills were also top-notch. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see what you create next! mini/smile

Last edited by rioforce (July 26, 2015 (06:35pm))

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Nice work, I really did enjoy this, the majority of the film was very entertaining. The sets and animation were quite decent, and the voice acting was great (especially random man 2 mini/wink ).

But there were, as rio said, a few technical flaws.

Spoiler (click to read)

at the end when the city explodes, I felt a bit unsatisfied with just a cut to "several days later" it would have been more interesting to have seen a big explosion or something.

One other complaint was that all the characters (good or evil) seamed to have a black torso and red arms, it made me a bit confused as to which "faction" they were on.

Overall I was impressed and hope to see more from you soon.

-RandomBoaz    YouTube

Randomboaz wrote:

at the end when the city explodes, I felt a bit unsatisfied with just a cut to "several days later" it would have been more interesting to have seen a big explosion or something.

That was the part of the script I wished I changed, and I do agree. It seemed rather abrupt. But all these flaws really are due to me not overthinking everything because of BRAWL. The script was 8 pages long, so I really had to rush!

Thanks for all the feedback guys. mini/smile

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."