Topic: Kiwi IRC Chat down

I got kicked out off the BiM chat saying I had been banned because my session limit was exceeded.

Chat claimed "Error Connecting (Closing Link: [Numbers were here] (Throttled: Reconnecting too fast) -Email [email protected] for more information.)"

I'm not the only one apparently, seems like everyone waiting for the BRAWL results chat got kicked as well.

Re: Kiwi IRC Chat down

Same problem for me... There is 2:20am in France so I'm a bit tired please, find a solution.

Worldwide Brickfilm Community : Brick à Brack

YouTube Channel : MBstudio
Twitter : @MBstudio_Movies

I don't know what would cause that, I'm sorry if it caused you to miss the chat! Kiwi is a third party service, so unfortunately we're unable to offer technical support for their chat system.

However, in the future you can access the IRC via other means:

You can also access the chat room with another IRC client like Chatzilla or mIRC. The information you need in order to do this is:
server: irc.tawx.net
port: 6667
channel: #brickfilms

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

How do I change it to Chatzilla or the other one? I'm locked out too

Last edited by Smocktopus (July 28, 2015 (05:45pm))

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Sméagol wrote:

I don't know what would cause that, I'm sorry if it caused you to miss the chat! Kiwi is a third party service, so unfortunately we're unable to offer technical support for their chat system.

However, in the future you can access the IRC via other means:

You can also access the chat room with another IRC client like Chatzilla or mIRC. The information you need in order to do this is:
server: irc.tawx.net
port: 6667
channel: #brickfilms

Thanks for the info on accessing the chat, and responding so quickly.

Kiwi appears to be telling people that they are banned from the chat. I had to get in through Mibbit.

sillypenta wrote:

Kiwi appears to be telling people that they are banned from the chat. I had to get in through Mibbit.

I have the same problem here.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

The problem has been fixed by ae.

Who is ae? Is he a brickfilmer?

Ae is the woman who manages the IRC channel (and I believe the whole Tawx server, though I'm not positive about that). She used to go by Haz, but presumably got tired of being mistaken for Hazzat. To my knowledge she doesn't brickfilm.

Oh, I hope she won't be offended by me, calling her a man mini/blankexpression

Will I be allowed back on the chat, or is my ban permanent?

I don't think bans are permanent. I got banned once for thinking I was funny but I was actually being an annoying idiot, but I was able to get back on after that.

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.