Topic: Batman Brickified Pre-Production/Production Log

So I have just put on Gouge Away by The Pixies (my favorite song to script to) and am writing a script for a new Batman series.  Mostly because:

A) I love Batman.

B) There seems to be a lack of DC brick films lately with a higher focus on Marvel.  And I am looking to change that.

C) I need to make something new for my wonderful subscribers and self.

So here I will be updating everyone on the pre-production aspect of my film.  I may post snippets of the script as well, we will just have to wait and see.

EDIT: The first episode has been completed.  Scripting-wise I mean.

My series is a slightly dark comic book telling of the Batman mythos.  In it Batman must face the fallout of a nuclear attack by the Joker and company.  The show will have some mature elements such as cussing so please be aware of that.  It is sort of a hybrid of Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, and Batman: The Brave and The Bold.  Season 1 however will be more focused on present day comic book Batman.  In the future, I plan on the show expanding to the future, sort of in a similar fashion to Batman Beyond.

Last edited by Brick Block Animations (February 20, 2016 (10:33am))

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Re: Batman Brickified Pre-Production/Production Log

Look forward to it bud.

Thank you. I am trying to flesh out the story a little more u know?  Make it a bit longer.

What kind of a tone are you going for? There are a lot of Batman brickfilms out there and most of them go for a straightforward style similar to Batman: The Animated Series. There are very few that operate in the style of older, Gold/Silver Age comics that aren't parodies (there's a difference between comedy and parody), which is a shame because the cartoon Batman: The Brave and the Bold proved that the weirder, more brightly-coloured side of Batman could work for a modern audience/in a modern context. From the title, it sounds like you're doing something more like this, which would be cool.

Equally, there are few good Batman brickfilms that enter the material's darker side, in the way that The Dark Knight (the film), The Dark Knight Returns (comic) and Kingdom Come (comic) did.

I'd be really interested to hear more about this project.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

jampot, I am sort of going for the style of the comics as well as the darker aesthetic of series such as Batman Beyond.  In fact this is going to be a series.  The first few episodes will be in the comic style, (Batman: The Brave And The Bold), but will have a dark undercurrent that will hopefully push the series forward.  After all, it is sort of going to be set in the future of the DC universe.  I am not sure if I want to go the whole Batman Beyond however.

Sounds good bud.
Any help I can provide let me know.
Also free to voice for you.

Thank you.  Actually I was wondering if you could possibly critique the first draft of my script for the pilot episode.

Bump.  So here is an update.  The script for the first episode is finished.  Anyone interested in critiquing it can PM me.

It's a show? I thought it was a movie.

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Yeah.  I decided to expand upon the original script and make it a series.  I promise it is a decision I don't regret as now I get to explore a more fleshed out storyline.  Also, I saw your BRAWL entry.  Pretty funny and creative.

Thanks. I'm planning on making a superhero mini-series soon. But now, back to Bat-man or else it will turn into me and you talking again mini/lol

Yes that is true.  Would you be interested in critiquing my script?

Maybe

Brick Block Animations wrote:

Thank you.  Actually I was wondering if you could possibly critique the first draft of my script for the pilot episode.

Sure. Send me the script.

Update.  Episode Two has now also been scripted.  I plan on making the first season around five episodes long.

Anyone interested in voice acting can check out the Casting Call:

http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … ting-call/

Update almost all actors for the pilot have been cast.  The only one I still require is Robin.

I'd like to audition but I don't think I could get you the lines on time, but if you ever have a minor character who you need a voice for, just PM me mini/smile

Last edited by Smocktopus (September 7, 2015 (08:16am))

Do you have an idea when the first episode will come out?

Not really probably in about 2 or 3 months.