Topic: Skate Danger!!

Directory Link

Skate Danger!!

SKATE DANGER!! (lego animation)

Melvyn is a master on the skate, but had never been forced to run so fast!
a kid´s friendly chase between an skater boy and a clay big blob.

Re: Skate Danger!!

Well, hello there, welcome to Bim. I loved it. From the moment your logo came up, I was fixed to your film. Brilliant and flawless mini/wink

Great job with this film. I liked how the clay came apart then came back together again while chasing the skater. mini/bigsmile

Very well made. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Morph is a pretty big influence on your work. The animation is very good; my only critique is it would have been nice to see some more movement in Melvyn when he's just skating around in the beginning, especially when he turns. Really fun short. mini/smile

backyardlegos wrote:

Very well made. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Morph is a pretty big influence on your work. The animation is very good; my only critique is it would have been nice to see some more movement in Melvyn when he's just skating around in the beginning, especially when he turns. Really fun short. mini/smile

yes u are totally right!:D Morph is a big influence for me mostly in this vid.
thanx!

Awesome work, plastianimation! And welcome to to Bricks in Motion! mini/smile

I admire your use of the clay and the LEGO together, it works very well. I watched your other teasers on your channel, and I look forward to seeing what else you do (my favorite video was "Tree" mini/wink ). I also really like the use of the different facial expressions, they work extremely well.

My only critique is the use of extremely random, generic, and childish sound effects. I understand that this is a children's show, but the demographic of kids on youtube will be 8 and up, and most 8 year olds like to act "older" and not watch children's shows (even though most of them still like LEGO, they may see yours as too young for them). Your show seems to be geared for 3 and 4 year olds. However, this is only my opinion, and it's only the sound effects that make it feel too young. I feel as if the sounds were just a bit more refined and there wasn't so much child cheering, baby giggling, and monkey screeching, the show would be better. mini/wink Of course, this is my own personal opinion.

But don't take this the wrong way, I really like the show! And I will continue to watch it, I've just subscribed. You are very creative, and I'm enjoying it. mini/bigsmile

Last edited by rioforce (September 11, 2015 (08:19am))

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I've just been going through your films and your animation is absolutely fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing more. Welcome to Bricks in Motion!

rioforce wrote:

Awesome work, plastianimation! And welcome to to Bricks in Motion! mini/smile

I admire your use of the clay and the LEGO together, it works very well. I watched your other teasers on your channel, and I look forward to seeing what else you do (my favorite video was "Tree" mini/wink ). I also really like the use of the different facial expressions, they work extremely well.

My only critique is the use of extremely random, generic, and childish sound effects. I understand that this is a children's show, but the demographic of kids on youtube will be 8 and up, and most 8 year olds like to act "older" and not watch children's shows (even though most of them still like LEGO, they may see yours as too young for them). Your show seems to be geared for 3 and 4 year olds. However, this is only my opinion, and it's only the sound effects that make it feel too young. I feel as if the sounds were just a bit more refined and there wasn't so much child cheering, baby giggling, and monkey screeching, the show would be better. mini/wink Of course, this is my own personal opinion.

But don't take this the wrong way, I really like the show! And I will continue to watch it, I've just subscribed. You are very creative, and I'm enjoying it. mini/bigsmile

thanks rioforce! well I´m just a beginner in audio works, so I try to hide my inexperience looking for a crazy,  silly and "non logic" sound design hoping to became "funny" for the kids audience mini/lol

my feeling about Brickfilms on YouTube is  most of them are teenage or adult oriented, and there are almost nothing for little kids , only MICHAELHICKOXFilms I think and I´m trying to follow his way. but I´m just starting and trying different styles like my other film PSYCHO TROOPER. But maybe there´s no audience for kids brickfimls these days mini/sad
Can you give me advice where can I get realistic audio effects?
thanks for your comment!

Freesound.org is a great resource for sound effects. I'd also recommend trying to record some of your own if possible and if you have a good microphone. It can make a big difference to have sound effects created specifically to fit a shot.

thanks everybody for your kind words and critics.
I´m now ending a new short in this style but this time.. outdoors!! mini/lol running in the forest and crawling by the dirt and bugs.
hope to post here soon

plastianimation wrote:

thanks rioforce! well I´m just a beginner in audio works, so I try to hide my inexperience looking for a crazy,  silly and "non logic" sound design hoping to became "funny" for the kids audience mini/lol

my feeling about Brickfilms on YouTube is  most of them are teenage or adult oriented, and there are almost nothing for little kids , only MICHAELHICKOXFilms I think and I´m trying to follow his way. but I´m just starting and trying different styles like my other film PSYCHO TROOPER. But maybe there´s no audience for kids brickfimls these days mini/sad
Can you give me advice where can I get realistic audio effects?
thanks for your comment!

I understand now. I'm afraid I misunderstood who the film was geared toward at first. I agree, there aren't many brickfilms for kids these days, more a geared to teens and adults. There is probably a large audience for kid's brickfilms, it's just harder to find because of the lack of kid's brickfilms, and also the lack of kids on the internet. Don't worry, I'm sure your audience will come, it takes a bit of time to gain the trust of parents to allow them to watch your films. (That's one of the perils of making kid's shows on youtube). mini/wink Keep making these films for kids, you don't need to age them up if you don't want to. I was just thinking about getting the maximum demographic.

I guess my main issue wasn't the age at all, just the sound effects. Don't worry about getting more "realistic" sound effects. Maybe you should get more unique ones, that's all. mini/wink I find that websites (like the one sillypenta linked) and making my own sound effects are the best option for getting unique sound effects.

I hope this helped, sorry for not understanding earlier. Like I said, I look forward to seeing your other episodes!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b