Topic: Brickfilm of the Week: Taco Trouble (September 18, 2015)

http://bricksafe.com/files/sillypenta/Tacotrouble2.png

This week’s Brickfilm of the Week is The Citizen of- Um, is Taco Trouble by Andy Boyer and Dave Lennie.

Taco Trouble is a 2003 comedy brickfilm produced by Dave Lennie and Andy Boyer and written by Boyer. It follows Mario Stradivarius on a journey to locate his missing friend Biff Feedback, as well as some tacos. It is the fourth main installment in the Biff and Mario series, and the first since 1995. It is the last in the series with a long running time, being followed by two shorts in 2004. A script for a sequel, Taco Trouble 2: The Trial, was written but was not filmed as it only featured dialogue and no action. This script was posted to the Brickfilms.com forums later in 2003 and the original thread is now missing, but the script can be found in its entirety on the Taco Trouble wiki page.

Dave Lennie and Andy Boyer are known for being among the earliest and longest active brickfilmers, with the first Biff and Mario film being produced in 1989 and Lennie's first tests in LEGO animation dating back to 1985. They are also known for Oh Well, TE and the surreal Heart of Darkness. They were members of Brickfilms.com under the usernames wdln and furthur.

Stream Taco Trouble on the Brickfilm Archive

or...

Download it from the original website

I also recommend reading this review and analysis written by Watson in 2009. It does a great job of explaining what makes the comedy in this film work so well, and what can be learned from its approach. Perhaps Taco Trouble was even an inspiration on that one film Watson made? The name escapes me, but it had something to do with parrots.

What are your thoughts on Taco Trouble? What did you like about it? Did you have a favourite moment?

Re: Brickfilm of the Week: Taco Trouble (September 18, 2015)

Wow this was really good movie. I really like this movie. This movie makes me happy.

Spoiler (click to read)

Taco Trouble is B&M at its finest. It brings together elements of comedy, gaudy horror, Mel Brooks-esque rawdy humor and sheer genius in screenwriting and production, all rolled into a delectable package best served in a flour tortilla and baked to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, preferably with extra cheese and sour cream. Never since have we seen a brickfilm that manages to allow the human heart to run the full gamut of suspense, twisted agony and emotion, as well as sweet relief and elation. It's like someone melded together the most awesomest of things in one brickfilm. From the gut-splitting taco scene from which the film lends its name, in which Mario meets his match with Satan's full wrath contained in a food product resulting in severe gastrointestinal distress, to the climactic ending scene in which Biff and Savannah are rescued from the clutches of the sinister Doctor X, whilst subjected to the horrors of the evil Pleasure Pain™ device, to the final fight scene, aptly scored by Brubeck, a scene which, unarguably, gives Tarantino a run for his money, Taco Trouble is, without a doubt, more than a work of art. It is both the start and end of a phenomenon, the likes of which have never been surpassed to date in a Lego movie. Watch it, eat it. Just get it in your body somehow.

https://i.imgur.com/x8mil9Z.png