Topic: Author Study - Edgar Allan Poe and the Tell Tale Heart

Directory Link

Author Study - Edgar Allan Poe and the Tell Tale Heart

YouTube

A video done for my English class. We chose an author and had to do a presentation on them, as well as a work created by them.

*The Tell-Tale Heart written by Edgar Allan Poe
*Written, produced, filmed and edited by Max Edmeier
*Story Narrator: Cullen Todd
*Serious Narrator: Max Edmeier
*Casual Narrator: Glenn Overmeyer
*Ossuary 6 - Air, Funeral March for Brass, Gymnopedie No 1, Gymnopedie No 3, Meanwhile in Bavaria by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]

Re: Author Study - Edgar Allan Poe and the Tell Tale Heart

Hmm, A Tell Tale Heart...A delightfully creepy tale, and one worthy of retelling.
Although as a longer analysis, with only a small portion being stop-motion, it may be more appropriate in "other films."
For now, I'll leave it here, but it may get moved later. We'll have to see.

So, as for the brickfilm part, you did a good job. There were a lot of still frames, probably due to the lengthy narration, and I think you could have done a bit more to sustain visual interest through those times of inactivity. But when there's more action going on, it looks great.

It does kinda jump into the middle of the tale, relying on the viewers to remember what led up to this moment. Thus as a film, it looses much of the story's punch, but it works fine in the context of the larger Video Study.

The camera movements, as well as the animation are great. There are some fantastic moments where the lighting and/or camera angles really shine. (0:40, 1:27, 1:35, just to name a few) And I think, as with many school assignments, more time would have yielded a more polished result. But as it is, it works just fine.

Hope you got a good grade.

Re: Author Study - Edgar Allan Poe and the Tell Tale Heart

Spooky! I really liked your animation, and the lighting was excellent. The narration was also very nice. I didn't understand it completely because I haven't read The Tell Tale Heart (I probably ought to), but I figured it out quickly enough. I kinda skipped through the boring stuff in the middle to watch the guy eat paper at the end mini/tongue

Keep up the good work!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b