Topic: [THAC XIII] Benny n' Lee in: Death Comes Robbing

Directory Link

Benny n' Lee in: Death Comes Robbing

YouTube

The robber finally tries a new approach.

This is the first Benny n' Lee made for a THAC (I wanted to do something familiar after the challenging Warshaw last year). I also didn't want to use repeated animation and lengthy still frames in this entry. I cannot say I recommend that strategy. Editing was done in about 5 seconds and the film came out much faster than the others in the series, which I guess reflects the nature of the contest.

Re: [THAC XIII] Benny n' Lee in: Death Comes Robbing

It should probably be noted that I'm incredibely biased when it comes to reviewing from Benny n' Lee installments, but I liked this brickfilm a whole lot. It feels very familiar (for good and worse), and so it definitely delivers on the being fun part. The animation was also really nice, I can't remember your previous films in the series being this well-animated. I particularly liked the robber running from house to house, that was a nice touch, as was the whole part with the magnet. I had a pretty hard time hearing what Skelly said, but maybe I'm just getting old.

I can't say I wouldn't have preferred seeing you do some stand-alone entry (like Warshaw), but I love Benny n' Lee and so I loved this, too.

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

As I told you in chat, this was great. Lots of fun, very peculiar (*cough*).  I have to say my favorite part was when the robber was going door-to-door. Definitely a simple portrayal, but also very effective (and hilarious). xP

I was glad I could be apart of this, it's super funny and I keep laughing every time I re-watch this!

The map animation alone deserves commendation. Awesome job on animation all-round.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Yes! Benny and Lee have returned! Like Mighty, my favorite part was the door-to-door robbing scene. The animation is delightful as always. Your style remains one of my favorites out of any brickfilmer.

Also, the music is absolutely perfect.

Thanks for the responses! I'm surprised that many particularly like the map shot, because it was thrown together at the last minute. The overhead view was achieved by quickly taping the camera to a floor lamp put up against the table.

sillypenta wrote:

The overhead view was achieved by quickly taping the camera to a floor lamp put up against the table.

I always put the set up against a wall and tape it there. Never looks as good as an actual overhead shot mini/smile

A really solidly done and well executed film to add to a great series and also done in less than 24 hours, no minor feat.

Great film.

π Cherry π Banana Cream π Pumpkin π Lemon-Lemon π Black Berry π Quiche π

This is sweet, I dig it. I really liked the map idea. Nice to see references to old skool B & L too mini/bigsmile

https://i.imgur.com/x8mil9Z.png

This is the best comedy entry in the contest, in my opinion of course. I'm pretty surprised this is the only film to include the "that's my monkey" line so props to you for adding it. The jokes were funny and had good timing. The animation was unique and quirky. Solid entry as usual.