Topic: Need a help script editing - native speakers

Hello friends,

I am new for brickfilms, my native language is not english, so i can't correctly write my dialogs. Maybe if i publish with this version(not edited by native speakers), it can seems funny for you or nobody can understand what i means.

So first of all i need really help with these english stuffs,   it is very hard to join an old community, like this forum, people know each other for long time agos. i have read most of your threads and find and watch your youtube videos, so it wiil be great if you accept me to join your community.

Finally i need to talk more about brickfilms and can help each of you what you want (except english) (but maybe english accent voice acting mini/smile )

Re: Need a help script editing - native speakers

I've helped before with this kind of thing before.  Although I can't speak any language besides English (and I don't even know what language is your first language), if a reasonably rough translation is provided, I can usually tell what the core meaning was supposed to be, and then rephrase it in a way which sounds a little bit more natural.

I'm going to go ahead and give it a little bit of a try by re-wording your original post:

Hello, friends,

I am new to brickfilming, and my native language is not English, so I can't correctly write dialogue.  Maybe if I post this (without it being edited by native speakers) it will seem funny, or maybe no one will understand what I mean.

So first of all, I really need help with English stuff.  It is very hard to join an old community like this forum where people have known each other for a long time.  I have read your posts and watched your YouTube videos, so it would be great if you would accept me to join your community.

Finally, I want to talk more about brickfilms, (I'm not actually sure about the rest of this last sentence, but it has something to do with voice acting)

Even though your original post wasn't perfect, it still was good enough that the core meaning was understood for the most part, and I think that I could probably work with that.  And as such, I would be happy to assist (so long as your scripts don't contain any objectionable content, such as vulgarity).

I'm always impressed when someone is able to speak some even a bit of English, as I've never been able to get the hang of a second language at any level.

I would be willing to help as well. Like Squid, I understood what you meant in your post and would be willing to help rephrase/correct grammar. Unlike Squid, I do speak a second language, which is Spanish, so I could help if that is the language you speak.

Also, people here are very welcoming to new members. It is great meeting new people who have similar interests.

Glad to have you!
    -Rivvm m

"...just take stuff apart.  Be heartless, do not develop feelings for these sets..." -Squid
YouTube
My standards: Philippians 4:8

Obviously, it would be more ideal for the script editor to be someone who also understands whatever language you speak, as that could help clear up some miscommunications.  But I could still help out if you can't find one such individual.

I love to write.  you can send me a script at holdingourown "at" ymail "dot" com.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

thank you friends. jasper (from this forum) has helped me to correct(edit) my script(really it is not script, it was just dialogs, i have finished shooting and editing, i had just needed dialog corrections and now just need one woman and one man voice actors mini/smile

i understand all of you mini/smile you are all very kind. i like brainstorming and find new ideas-stories. And I like feedbacks and talk about videos, take suggestions- give suggestions, that's all are great things.

Before i write, i tried to watch your videos, they are very good and have quality. congratulations mini/smile.

finally i need more help, i start to write new one- it is going to be short but i need correction and feedbacks. I really want to contact all of you. Maybe i can help you too. As you know, shooting a movie is job that requires team. In real world, there is script writer, d.o.p, director, editor, sound operator, art team, vfx team and bla bla. But in this stop motion animations, we have to make all of these things by ourself, so it is gonna take long time to make all of these stuff and sometimes, we get stuck in these all stuffs. So i can help all of you in these stages if you want. Thanks again to all of you.

By the way, squid and rivvm m , can you send me your e mail adresses? and holdingourown what do you mean with ymail is it yahoo?

I think he means gmail.com… just as a way to throw off bots

EDIT
Squash corrected me in chat. It is actually ymail.com. If you go to https://ymail.com it brings you to login.yahoo.com.

Last edited by jasper (February 3, 2016 (03:43pm))

it is run by yahoo, but the address is at ymail, not yahoo.  I think I can do a good job with dialogue.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Brickminds wrote:

finally i need more help, i start to write new one- it is going to be short but i need correction and feedbacks. I really want to contact all of you. Maybe i can help you too...

Why don't you have several people translate the same one script, Brickminds? That way, you would have several translations - all pretty close, but still different here and there - and you could mesh some of them together to make the final script! I know that if I was writing a script in a non-native language, I would certainly want more than just one opinion.

Besides, doing this could help you learn and understand English on a deeper level. One day, I'm sure you'll be able to write scripts in English all on your own, especially with good practice and feedback. mini/smile

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

no no, for that script i have solved it, and i said it that i hadn't  needed anymore but also later i would need again. I want their e mails because when i asked for help, they answered me very kindly and i want to communicate people who have same interests like me. Not for just only correction my grammar-meaning of sentences mistakes.

It is really nice that there are people who answer ''help calls'' kindly and i like your wish about my english-script improvements mini/smile thank you.