Topic: Lost in Time

Directory Link

Lost in Time

YouTube

Two scientists try out a space/time traveling device! ***All credit for the music goes to Brian Tyler. I do not own the rights for the music, and no profit was made from the video.

YouTube | Twitter | My Blog We are always in the process of becoming complete.

Re: Lost in Time

The animation in this was pretty smooth, so well done. Also the writing was pretty nice as well. Only thing was that the voice acting was a bit tame or underdone. Overall, good job! mini/smile

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Not bad! I enjoyed all the LEGO puns. mini/smile

This is certainly a fun film. You can hear a lot of background noise when they are speaking, and due to the lack of sound effects, the atmosphere was a little weird and seemed to be quite flat. I also noticed that when he was screaming, you kept repeating the sound over and over again, to make it sound as though he's screaming for a lot longer, that too was a little weird. There was also quite a lot of light flicker. However, the animation was pretty good and the story was very enjoyable. This is a 4/5 from me mini/smile

Brick Block Animations wrote:

The animation in this was pretty smooth, so well done. Also the writing was pretty nice as well. Only thing was that the voice acting was a bit tame or underdone. Overall, good job! mini/smile

Thank you! Yeah, the voice acting was somewhat limited in actual loudness when I recorded it because of my environment... Glad you liked it though! mini/smile

UnknownBrick Films wrote:

Not bad! I enjoyed all the LEGO puns. mini/smile

For being as old as it is, that means a lot; thanks! mini/smile

William Osborne wrote:

This is certainly a fun film. You can hear a lot of background noise when they are speaking, and due to the lack of sound effects, the atmosphere was a little weird and seemed to be quite flat. I also noticed that when he was screaming, you kept repeating the sound over and over again, to make it sound as though he's screaming for a lot longer, that too was a little weird. There was also quite a lot of light flicker. However, the animation was pretty good and the story was very enjoyable. This is a 4/5 from me mini/smile

Thank you so much for the honest critique! Of all my films, this is probably one of my highest quality... However, in the two year gap between me making this one and now I truly do believe my skills have improved. mini/smile Ah, yes, (intentionally-included) background noise would have definitely livened things up a lot...

Some people who have previously given me critique on the film have noted how weird the repeated scream sounds. I have to say, I totally agree with them. However, that's the main feeling I wanted to capture in this film: weirdness. Perhaps it could have been done better, though. mini/smile

Light flicker is still something I struggle with, but I'm using slower shutter speeds now which ought to help soften them a bit.

Once again, I greatly appreciate your honest thoughts on it. That's one of the main reasons I joined this site for. mini/bigsmile Something you didn't mention that bugged me, personally, was how "wiggly" the animation was, despite the high frame rate. I'm not too comfortable shooting at such high frame rates anymore unless I am able to get the motion to be smooth and not too shaky.

Thanks for the feedback!