Re: Heron Animation - My free stop-motion capture software and web app

I know this sounds stupid... but what are drivers? I'm not very good with technical terms and stuff, also my webcam is used, does that affect anything?

Download and install the latest version of the the Logitech Webcam Software : http://support.logitech.com/en_in/produ … /downloads
It may solve the problem.
Seems like your webcam can't currently be accessed from a web browser (Heron is based on web languages), this is not a Heron Animation-specific problem. Your webcam should work with Heron and web browsers, though.

I'm on mac

I have a problem... I have a mac 10.7.5 so it won't let me download the software

Oh, maybe it's a compatiblity problem since you are on a quite old version of Mac. Beside updating your system I don't now what could solve the problem.

I'm gonna update my mac to os sierra on the app store... Thanks for the help!

I thought that I would give Heron a go but when downloading and extracting I had lots of errors so I thought I would uninstall then reinstall it but the programme wasn't in my programme folder so couldn't uninstall but it was in my documents folder as HeronAnimation-windows-x64. Is this correct and is it just a matter of deleting the folder to clear it. Sorry for the stupid question. Regards Keef.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4448/24259541378_737b85848d_z.jpg

Ran into a bit of an issue two nights ago. I began by duplicating a frame, and when it did, something wonky happened and the numbering showed two '116' and no '115' numbers. Thinking nothing of it, I continued on. Trying to export later, it kept hanging there, so I deleted the duplicated frames and the numbering did this. Ended up exporting the first half, deleting a few frames in the middle, then exporting most of the second half. Lost some, but that's fine.

Anyway, thought you may want to see that.

Uh, this is weird. Thanks for reporting that!

Duplicating is really buggy, I wouldn't recommend doing that in the current version.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Ended up exporting the first half, deleting a few frames in the middle, then exporting most of the second half. Lost some, but that's fine.

I wouldn't even have thought that would work. Good to know!

Just recently, for the past couple weeks, when I export my frames from the app, my computer has been crashing like halfway through the export process, or a couple seconds after they are all exported.  I have been losing so many pictures to this problem lately, so I just wanted to know if you know why this is happening.

Thanks!

The video export has some problems,I'd recommend exporting the frames first to be sure you don't lose them.

Duplicating the frames is to be avoided too.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I hope I can have enough time soon to work on the new version of the program.

I have been exporting the frames and not duplicating and it still crashes.

No problem about the issues, I am excited for the next update!

I had that same problem. mini/confused

Not sure if this was mentioned. When I export a lot of frames, some won't save. I worked around this by shooting the frames for one shot and exporting them.This isn't a big problem for me as I can use Stop Motion Pro Eclipse, but I want to use this to support you until I get a DSLR. Just something to make sure you know.

Most of the frames are exported but some don't? I actually never hear of that issue. How many frames did you try to export? About how many were dropped?

Exporting on a shot by shot basis is what I would recommend anyway. That's how I do it using other softwares as I find it easier from a data management point of view.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into it.

I tried to export about 200 frames and about 86 frames didn't save. At times, all but 20 frames would not save.

That's strange.
I've exported well over that, reaching into the 700's and even once or twice into the 800's without any issue.

Does there appear to be any rhyme or reason as to which ones are lost and which ones aren't?

Weird indeed.
Did you often duplicate frames or move frames? Did you delete a lot frames while animating?

I deleted a lot of frames at one point. That might be the problem.

Alright, so I downloaded Heron Animation to my new computer (Windows 10, 64 bit) and animated a project that turned out to be around 701 frames. The only problem is, when I try to export, It stops at 6 percent indefinitely (42 of the 701 frames). I really don't want to lose this footage.

If I can see the frames, I assume they are temporarily saved somewhere, for heron to either relocate or delete later. I've still got the program open, and would love to be able to retrieve the frames. I did not duplicate or delete any frames, although I did playback the animation at around that point, to which the play animation button turned red and clicking it did nothing. (hovering over it said "pause")

Help would be appreciated.

Update: There appears to be a ghost frame on 44 - There are two 44th frames showing, one of which I can select, the other I can't. Here are screenshots:

https://i.imgur.com/bYFatLr.png

https://i.imgur.com/FocrRla.png

I still would like to keep the frames somehow. (Other than screenshoting every single frame page, and then cropping to a smaller quality preview image...)

Last edited by Dyland (April 25, 2018 (12:58am))

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png