Topic: Come Play With Us

Directory Link

Come Play With Us

YouTube

Horror film. All violence is implied and not really depicted, so I set to moderate. Hopefully that's ok.

Woodrow Village Films
youtube.com/woodrowvillage

Re: Come Play With Us

Personally, I didn't really like the direction your brickfilms seemed to be going in after Turtles and Girlfriends, as, your proceeding films continued to try and top each other in controversy.

However, Come Play With Us, while a little generic compared to modern horror films, is a brickfilm that I really like. The animation, and more-so, the sets, are really well done. I'd be interested to know just how long it took you to build everything from this film. The dark corridor scenes seem easy enough to build, but, specifically the therapist's office, or the apartment, seem very realistic. Great MOCs.

The story, while a little usual, doesn't really drag. The pacing is rather normal towards fast, which is sort of a staple of your brickfilms. I'd really like to see you do a more casually paced brickfilm - and if in a horror setting, something more along the lines of Kubrick's The Shining.

Spoiler (click to read)

A film that seems to have inspired, either through your viewing, or watching of parody, several moments in this brickfilm... like the twins at the end of the hall.

I'd like to see you attempt some more serious-based brickfilms. Your comedies, while not for everyone, are entertaining. But, with so many comedies released every week, it's nice to see something a bit different. (or, at least, with a different approach)

Thanks for making this brickfilm.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Re: Come Play With Us

Dyland wrote:

Personally, I didn't really like the direction your brickfilms seemed to be going in after Turtles and Girlfriends, as, your proceeding films continued to try and top each other in controversy.

Thanks for making this brickfilm.

Hi Dyland, thanks for taking the time and all the constructive criticism and kind words. I really appreciate the feedback. The sets for both the apartment and the therapist office were very small builds actually. I tend to over build (just cuz I like building) my sets, but in this case I only built what you see. I probably spent as much time thinking out the color scheme as I did putting it together. I've really been trying hard to get all of the colors in my shots to work harmoniously and I think it's helped improve my overall composition. So I really appreciate you noting the sets.

And I have to agree... my pacing always ends up fast. Even when I try to slow it down. It's definitely a challenge and I think sometimes I'm catering to the short-attention-span world.

Thanks again for the comments. I'd love to do more serious stuff--my writing skills can be limited though.

* and yes... completely inspired/stolen from the Shining. Ever since those creepy girl minifigs came out I've wanted to parody that scene. mini/smile

Woodrow Village Films
youtube.com/woodrowvillage