Re: Lego WWI Battle of the Somme Production Log

The plasticine wasn't really affected by the water, if anything it just made it more mouldable and perhaps helped to emphasise things like the footprints of the minifigures. So no, it didn't make the plasticine sticky, although the plasticine itself can be a bit hard to remove from Lego bricks, which is why I had most of the plasticine on a layer of tin foil. However, it does not leave a residue of any kind (or at the very very least nothing that won't come of with a tiny bit of scrubbing).

In terms of how good it is for animating on, it is actually very good. It's 'sticky' enough so that the minifigures can attach their feet to it or their back if they're supposed to be sliding down the plasticine (which you will see quite a bit of in the final thing when I manage to finish it. I'll definitely be using it in the future, and it will work for anyone who wants to do stuff with plasticine, even like the sort of things Brotherhood Workshop used to do with his LOTR stuff. I think the only downside with it is when you first use it it can be a bit hard to mould it, especially if you need a thin layer of it. Oh, and if you want to use it in a landscape as big as mine (which was 112 studs long form one trench to the other and 96 studs wide - yes, this was all animated on one giant set mini/jaw), then you are going to need A LOT of this plasticine.

For those of you who are interested, the plasticine I used is from a company called Newplast (the same place that Aardman Animations gets their plasticien from), and I used both the brown and dark brown plasticine that they sell. I could go on and on about how good their stuff is, but instead I have a link to this website page which goes more in-depth.

I hope this helps a lot of people mini/yes

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Thank you! That answered my question. mini/bigsmile  hope you finish soon - cant wait to see it!

Did you ever finish this? I can't see it on your YouTube channel and i'd love to see the final piece! mini/bigsmile

Rest assured, it will be on my YouTube channel eventually! I'm still editing it, but I should have it out before the end of the year mini/wink

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Yay! Glad to hear that. err... I mean read that. mini/smile

Bump? mini/wink

Haha yeah, I'll reiterate what I last said and assure everyone that one way or another, this is 100% going to eventually be uploaded to YT. Editing has been giving me too much grief at the moment, and cause a fair few setbacks, but I just have to sort out a few rotoscoping issues and then it's pretty much there! It'll definitely be released sometime in the first half of this year!! mini/bigsmile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

What do you use for editing photos/film?

Magek AKA raptor aptor use this link for more of my stuff ----)        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbfTJt … subscriber
my website   https://smirr421.wixsite.com/thelab
If you want to adutoin for something of mine please PM me!! THX

Magek Studios wrote:

What do you use for editing photos/film?

For adding the sound effects and any titles or transitions, I just use iMovie, but for the visual effects I use Hitfilm 4 Express, which is free!

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

It's pretty much ubiquitous at this point, but I thought as my last post on here I'll post the finished version.

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?